Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This filed Bankrupty Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This filed Bankrupty Chapter 7

Filed on August 27th, Chapter 7. First meeting on Sept 28th. This reading over my petition is a shock. Over 200 creditors, 0 assets and 1/2 million in liabilities.

This experience how hard it is to pay on car payment with Kia Fiamce. Took me speaking to 5 people before they would take my payment. Is this normal?

Also experience Wellsfargo closing a secured credit card. I have 6 other accounts that have remained open. Some personal and some business.What can i expect next?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: This filed Bankrupty Chapter 7

You are going to have to clarify your post.  It makes no sense and is all over the map.

Message 2 of 3
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

Re: This filed Bankrupty Chapter 7

I have to agree with CH-7.  You are not articulating your situation. From what I gather you were surprised when you realized you owe $500,000.00 + and have over 200 different creditors.  You also operate a business and are wondering why some of your accounts are still open when WF closed the account you had with it.  In addition, you are wondering why you are having a tough time communicating with your car lender.  Lastly, you want to know what is going to happen in your case.

1.  You operate a business and elected to file a Chapter 7?  I sure hope you discussed this with an attny.

2.  Communication with creditors after filing sometimes can be difficult.  If you want to keep the vehicle you simply need to make payments.  If you no longer have "on-line" access to make payments, do it the old fashioned way. . . by US Mail and a check.

3. Wells Fargo's internal policy is to freeze bank accounts for depositors who file Chapter 7.  As to the secured credit card, WF has the right to apply the funds in the account to the cc balance.  It also has the right, as does any other credit card company, to close the account.  Having credit is a privilege not a right and you cannot force a credit card company to give you, or allow you to keep, a credit card account.

4.  As to what to expect. . . can't answer that.  All I can say is, if you currently have or had a business, be it a corporation, LLC or sole proprietorship, you really need legal representation.

Des.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.