Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of Military Star..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tired of Military Star..

I have noticed Military Star reporting inaccurate information on my credit report. I opened my account with Military Star in September of 2014 and continued to use that card for over a year with only being late once. March 14, 2016, I filed a chapter 13 bankruptcy and had to included my account. Instead of reporting accurate information such as 0 balance, included in bankruptcy, and closed, for a year Military Star has refused to report all of this until I started disputing accuracies. However, I also noticed that the company labeled my account as "Charged Off" as of September 2014 even though that is when I opened the account and it shows this on my credit report. I used this card in good standing for over a year and included it in my bankruptcy while it was an open account in good standing. I have submitted multiple disputes with no luck because they are trying to say this account was charged off almost 2 years prior even though that's a lie. I have also emailed the company directly and still nothing. My next step is to submit a CFPB complaint and go from there. This is the only company refusing to report accurate info on my CR.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tired of Military Star..

EQ is showing it as charged off, closed, included in bankruptcy, 0 balance but it also shows my 2 year history with them. EX is showing charged off as of September 2014 which is when I opened the account. Isn't this illegal?
Message 2 of 4
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Inaccurate reporting is illegal.

Will you private message me a copy of the credit report showing the Star card and another account that was included in the BK?  You can black out the account number.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes will do
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.