cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To file for BK7 or not to.......Help!

tag
BigItaly
Valued Member

Re: To file for BK7 or not to.......Help!

Well, here's one of the problems, Equifax has my address wrong and I called them to change it, which they didn't. So they keep mailing my credit report to an address I don't live at, giving all my info to someone else! I've called repeatedly and they do nothing. Transunion has been great so far, so has Experian. Equifax just doesn't care. I've had quite a bit come off my Trans credit report, but Equifax and Experian make it difficult to file a dispute.

BK Ch7 Discharged - 1/21/2015

TU 580, EQ 570, EX 571

As of 1/1/17, TU 655, EQ 678, EX 681
Message 11 of 12
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: To file for BK7 or not to.......Help!

@BigItaly wrote:

Well, here's one of the problems, Equifax has my address wrong and I called them to change it, which they didn't. So they keep mailing my credit report to an address I don't live at, giving all my info to someone else! I've called repeatedly and they do nothing. Transunion has been great so far, so has Experian. Equifax just doesn't care. I've had quite a bit come off my Trans credit report, but Equifax and Experian make it difficult to file a dispute.

Send them a letter, certified and return receipt, and cc your ttorney's name at the bottom [or make one up if you don't already have one]. Allow a reasonable amount of time [7 business days] after the date they received your letter then call them again. I think that your letter will get your address corrected.

By the way, you will also enclose in the letter: copy of driver's license and social security card. If you do not inclde these identification documents, they are unlikely to act on your request. All the best.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.