Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade line issue help needed

tag
reno55
Regular Contributor

Trade line issue help needed

I just got back my first disputes after discharge from equifax and all but one look good.

The one in question is a WFNNB/VICTORIAS SECRET card. This account WAS iib and I habe the petition paperwork to prove it.

Equifax reported the creditor verified the trade line is correct HOWEVER it shows transferred/sold and the creditor now shows COMMENITY BANK/VICTORIAS SECRET but the account number is identical. They also did not update it to iib.

This can't be right if it was iib correct? How do i follow up on this to get resolved.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: Trade line issue help needed

Equifax was pretty fast for me, to update all to IIB, and they 'scrubbed' all the account, so no lates showing. TU, not so much, I'm on round 3 with 6 accounts.

I also found Equifax updated a few at a time. I would get a notice, then find some accounts still pending. If it's been at least 30 days since the start of your dispute, do it again. You may have to send letter to Comenity.
Message 2 of 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Trade line issue help needed

@reno55 wrote:
I just got back my first disputes after discharge from equifax and all but one look good.

The one in question is a WFNNB/VICTORIAS SECRET card. This account WAS iib and I habe the petition paperwork to prove it.

Equifax reported the creditor verified the trade line is correct HOWEVER it shows transferred/sold and the creditor now shows COMMENITY BANK/VICTORIAS SECRET but the account number is identical. They also did not update it to iib.

This can't be right if it was iib correct? How do i follow up on this to get resolved.

Send the OC a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8).  They have to investigate and correct errors and notify you of the results within 30 days.

Sample format, mailed directly to the party who reported the disputed information:

“This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have reported to my credit file.

►       (If sent to a debt collector, (CA),it might be beneficial to also include the blurb:

►  “This is a direct dispute of credit reporting. This is not a request for debt validation/verification under FDCPA §809(b).”. (don’t let them just simply sluff it off as a meaningless  DV letter)

“In compliance with FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), and enacting regulations published at  16 CFR § 660.4, this Notice of Direct dispute includes:

“Identification of the specific information being disputed:
 (specify the account number, and the specific information that is disputed under that identifying account)

“Basis for the dispute:

(how the reporting was inaccurate; was any reporting in violation of any statutory or regulatory provisions?  account or express agreements?  CRA reporting gudelines? Account not
yours? etc.)

“Supporting documentation:

all documents that support your dispute; it is recommened to also include, as part of your documentation, at least a copy of the portion only of your recent credit report showing their reporting of the disputed information was actually reported to your credit flle.  The implementing rule suggests a showing
that it appeared in your credit report)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.