Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion will not update BK status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion will not update BK status

I noticed that their site says most responses are within 15 days. We shall see, I suppose.

Message 11 of 16
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

TU responded and changed it to discharged.

All fixed up now, time to garden for the next year.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a reply from CFPB about my BK dispute. Once again, TU is screwing me. My BK was filed 9/2011 and was officially discharged 10/17. I included a copy of the discharge notice in my complaint, and the status is correct on PACER.

TU's response to CFPB:

"We have reviewed your complaint along with the information you provided regarding this issue. TransUnion has verified that the bankruptcy information reported in your credit report accurately reflects the public record of the United States Federal Bankruptcy Court, and is currently reported on your credit report as permitted by federal law. The Fair Credit Reporting Act allows: Bankruptcies to be reported for 10 years from the date of filing. However, it is TransUnion’s policy to report discharged or dismissed Chapter 13 bankruptcies for seven years from the date the bankruptcy was filed. Voluntarily dismissed bankruptcies, regardless of the chapter filed, are reported for seven years from the date the bankruptcy was filed. Therefore, as permitted under federal law, it will remain on your file until 8/2021. If you have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-916-8800, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM ET. Please visit http://transunion.com/consumerfaqs for frequently asked questions about your credit report."

UPDATE:

Just called TU at 888-259-6845 and talked to a supervisor who quickly deleted the BK. Now why couldn't they have done that earlier?? 

Message 13 of 16
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Wow they deleted it, that is awesome. I am stuck with mine for a couple more years.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I really thought I'd be heading for a legal battle when I got the negative CFPB results. But I figured I'd call TU one more time and give them the chance to do an EE. I was actually surprised that they did, considering it was only about an hour after I received their response saying they were keeping it on my report.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.