Regular Contributor
MaryJane197

Two accounts, same account #, listed as two different companys

I am very upset right about now.  I logged into my Equifax report to dispute something when I noticed that my previous auto loan, which I filed BK on is listed twice on my report.  Once its listed under the right finance company.  I had previously disputed it because it wasnt showing that it was included in my BK and it showed as 30-60 days late.  Well thats still under investigation but now theres a complete seperate entry on my report from the new company name.  They changed their named and so now its showing on there twice.  Its the same account number , with the same open date, for the same amount.  The only difference is that it reported until April 2012 and I filed BK in January, went to court in Febuary.  They were informed that I had filed BK in January.  

My question is are they allowed to do that?  I disputed the account because I never had a account with the company its listed under.  In my details I put I had filed BK on that account and it was already listed on my report, only under a different name.

I havent checked my TU report or Experian yet.

01/10/09: - TransUnion: 500 / Equifax: 521, / Experian: 566
Filed BK 02/24/2012
07/28/2012: - Transunion:487 / Equifax:467 ,/ Experian: 586

06/06/2014: - Transunion:509 / Equifax:513 ,/ Experian: 551

07/25/2014: - Transunion:516 / Equifax:541 ,/ Experian: 574

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+