Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US BANK

tag
jewdln

US BANK

I have been with US BANK numerous years before my BK

We have our personal checking and business check ing with them....

My husbands police pension has be auto deposited since day one.

I also have a secured credit card with them for about 8 or 9 months

We don't own our home anymore as it was given up in the BK

We own our car clear and free (though we are close to needing a new one)

Here is my question if someone can answer.

We don't want to own a home anymore and we don't want to rent.

We would like to live in a motorhome and need financing for it.

This is what we have....

Barclay card $1500 no balance due
Capitol One $1000 no balance due

Amazon $500 no balance due

Walmart just went from $400 - $500, no balance due

HUBBIES CARDS

Barclay $1500 $300 balance due, pay $150 month

Capiton One $1000 no balance due

I am wondering if anyone things US Bank would give me the credit for the Motorhome?

I live in Nevada and I know I have read alot about One Nevada and doing a secured loan like with them but that takes a year and

we were hoping to get a motorhome when our home lease runs out in Sept. Otherwise I have to sign for 2 more years.

BTW does anyone know who One Nevada uses to pull credit?

Our TU credit is currently 661 via Barclay and Walmart

US Bank uses Exp and it posts 663

Thanks for any help

EDITED TO ADD: forgot to tell you that our BK was discharged April 2012

Fico Score Via Mtg Lender for (VA) house purchase as of 7/1/14
Equifax 700, Experian 725, Trans Union 720
Chapter 7 BK discharged March 2012
Barclay Rewards $12.5K, Capital One $1.5K ,Ally $2500, AmEx $11K, B of A $2K, Barclay Cask Fwd $1.5K, Sears Citi #7K, PenFed $8K, Amazon $500, Walmart $500, Fingerhut $500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: US BANK

As far as I know US Bank is not BK friendly. Looking at credit pulls database makes it seem like they are also pretty conservative. People over 700 were getting turned down. As always YMMV. I think you would be better off trying to get an unsecured loan through a credit union. I got a used auto loan through NFCU just one year post filing date and was approved for 4% You have some history after the BK as well as some time. Good luck!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 3
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: US BANK

Getting your motorhome depends on how you finance it.

Some people finance them like cars, max 7 years and $ to put down.

Some people finance them like houses, 8-30 years, still need $ to put down.

The reason for the $ down (it's usually 20%+ with less than perfect credit) is that once you only have a motorhome, you have NO physical address.  That means you can take the vehicle and jet w/o paying the bill and there's really no way they can find you.  Go talk to a motorhome's lot finance department (but don't apply for anything!) ask them what the requirements will be.

For the life of me I can't remember who One Nevada pulls.  I think it was TU, but the only inq I have from them (on this computer) fell off last month and I can't find a report that has it.  I'll have to check tomorrow.

Good luck.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.