cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Trustee audit......

tag
BeingBetter

US Trustee audit......

So, my attorney filed my BK7 on the first of this month. On the 11th, a filing titled "US trustees selection for audit" showed up on pacer, but there's no document attached that I can view.

I called my attorney's office and they seemed very unworried about it. I asked what it meant and they basically said that the trustee would just require more paperwork from them and if they needed anything from me they would let me know.

I'm really concerned.... I thought a US trustee audit was a pretty bad thing. I have been googling and researching so I understand the process.

My case is complicated because I'm over the median, and still legally married but have been living apart for years. I read over my schedules again and everything on them is correct and provable.

I'm just worried that my attorney's office was so unconcerned about it...

Anyone have experience with this?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: US Trustee audit......

I wouldn't be too concerned. My BK was filed may 2014, and like a month later my attorney contacted me and said my particular bk was being audited by a US trustee as well. He said what probably flagged it is that I had a Tiffany & Co cc and that certain things included in a bk will set it off. He told me before my audit that it had been years that he had a client be audited. They did require more paperwork, and the trustee specifically asked for a print out of everything I bought at Tiffany's and I had to tell him If i was in possession of the items or not. I complied, with everything and 2 months later he granted the discharge. Sometimes cases get audited becaused they are flagged sometimes its random. If your attny isn't nervous then I wouldn't be either!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.