Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh I need HELP! So disgusted!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh I need HELP! So disgusted!

Hello Everyone,

I filed BK 7 in October 2010.  It was discharged in January 2011.  There is still a handful of accounts that are not reporting as included in bankruptcy (they are still reporting as charge off, etc.).   There are also three student loan accounts that are reporting a sixty day late in February 2010 when my student loans were in forbearance.

I tried disputing these with the credit bureaus, and ALL the accounts came back "verified" as reporting correctly.  I am absolutely flabbergasted, because this is totally incorrect.

I read somewhere we should never send anybody our bankruptcy information, but what do I do now to get these accounts to report correctly?   Has anyone had any experience with this?  Do I contact the companies directly (is there a letter I can use to do so) or do I just keep disputing with the credit bureaus?  This is going on almost 6 months since the initial filing!

Thanks for any help in advance.

Chrissy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AtlantaWill30339
New Contributor

Re: Ugh I need HELP! So disgusted!

I filed Ch 7 in October and was discharged in Feb. I have the same problem with some accounts not showing IIB. Since my discharge last month, 3 have changed (either being 0'ed out of showing IIB)...maybe it's just slow communication between OC, CA, and CRA.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 2 of 14
Xarquinn
New Contributor

Student loans are exempt from BK so they will still report as if the BK never existed. As for the other accounts, yes - they should all report iib after discharge.

Starting Score: Low 500's (BK Ch7 Discharged 3/2010) Back in with almost all of the creditors that I burned.
Current Scores: 760 - 800 (BK dropped off Nov 2019)
Alliant CU Visa 10k; Merrick Bank 0.4k (keeping for age); Lowes 25k; Target MC 13k; Capital One 8k; PayPal 10k; Total Rewards (Comenity) 25k; Amex BCP 38k; Discover 28k; PenFed 15k, Chase Amazon 20k; FNBO 28k; Citibank 30k; BlockFi 15k; X1 33k. Local Credit Union HELCO: 97k. Utilization around 30% incl HELCO
Message 3 of 14
AtlantaWill30339
New Contributor

In most cases student loans are exempt from BK. If you read one of my earlier posts, you'll see 1/2 of mine were discharged.

Message 4 of 14
kjm79
Valued Contributor

You'll have to dispute directly with the OC/CA not the CRA.   You can send them a copy of your Notice of Filing BK (same letter creditors get as their notice of meeting of the creditors).  Shows what bk you filed (7, 13) and the date of filing.  No late payments are to be reported past the date of filing or they are in violation of the automatic stay.  Circle or highlight the date and inform them the account was included in BK on such and such date and to please update their reporting to show 0 balances, included in bk, and remove any lates reporting POST bk filing (if any are reporting).

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 14
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

from my understanding and own experience, these accts can still report chargeoffs if they did indeed chargeoff prior to bk filing! my creditors did put IIB notations as well as a account information disputed by consumer and meets FCRA requirements.(PITA!!!) as long as the accounts are not listing any open balances and past due amounts, i think you will be fine. otherwise, you'll end up with all kinds of notations on all three of your credit reports that you do not want or need if you ever plan to get a mortgage

Starting Score: EQ 505 jul09
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 693 EX 692 apr12
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 14
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

btw, i too sent copies of my bk discharge (which some ppl would highly advise against) with items highlighted to OC's and CB's to no avail. if i had known then what i know now i would never have wasted my time

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking of doing this because my bankruptcy is listed twice with EQ, two different filing dates, same case # and discharge date...I mean really a blind man could see this is a mistake, I have disputed with the CRA online(I don't recommend this) and a letter snail mail.  They still verify that I have filed for bankruptcy twice in the same week of March 2008.  How long did the notations and disputes stay on your report?  Do you have to wait for them to fall off too before getting a mortgage??  Or can you use the written documentation from the CRA to show that it is verified?

Message 8 of 14
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

@mst2009,

i didn't even realize these remarks were on my CRs. they have been there for almost 2 yrs. they apparently will stay there until you try to get them removed. experian has removed the remarks completely, but i've been reading that eq & tu are a little stubborn. i am awaiting results from them by the end of the month.

from what i have been reading here and other sites, having those notations will kill any auto approvals and make your loan go to manual underwiting. i have even read where the underwriter requires the remarks removed for approval. so it's better not to have them when you apply

on your bk filings it seems like there may have been a clerical error either on part of attny or court clerk. you should be able to find out exactly what happened

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I have been reading the same thing online...it is funny as consumers it is our right to have negative information removed BUT we give up that right to remove the disputes to raise our score to get a loan...how backward is that???  My attry is working on the bk as we speak....I think I will see how he can help with the removal of the disputes, I have some on there that are pretty old too!!!!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.