cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding the two BKs on my report

Established Member

Understanding the two BKs on my report

Happy Saturday everybody! 

 

I have a question because I'm confused how my two BKs I have on my profile are reporting and want to make sure they are reporting correctly as I am on my rebuild. 

 

(Long story short for my 2nd BK was medical, jobs loss, and bad seperation from an ex) 

 

The dates are confusing me on Public Record 1 of 2 and 2 of 2. Why does Public Record 1 have both 2017 and 2008 BK's same with 2 of 2.

 

My first BK from 2008 is from Orlando, Florida.

My second BK from 2017 is from Houston, Texas. 

 

Is it showing correctly?

 

I've attached a screen shot. Smiley Happy 

 

(Mod cut-The shot can be reposted after you blank out any personal info on it like court docket and number)

 

Thanks for ya'lls help and input. 

Scores on the day of BK file: 02/08/2017: EFX: 490, TU: 562, EX: 526


Scores on the day of 341 Meeting: 03/09/2017: EFX: 508, TU: 504, EX: 449

Scores on the day of discharge w/ everything reporting 0 IIB: EFX: 532, TU: 508, EX: 479

As of: August 28th, 2017: (7 months since date of filing): EFX: 574, TU: 567, EX: 550

CREDIT CARDS:
Discover IT Secured: $200 Limit
Reflex Mastercard: $500 Limit


Loans: $21k Car Loan 2017 Hyundai Tuscon @ 12% - First Investors
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: Understanding the two BKs on my report


makingitright wrote:

Happy Saturday everybody! 

 

I have a question because I'm confused how my two BKs I have on my profile are reporting and want to make sure they are reporting correctly as I am on my rebuild. 

 

(Long story short for my 2nd BK was medical, jobs loss, and bad seperation from an ex) 

 

The dates are confusing me on Public Record 1 of 2 and 2 of 2. Why does Public Record 1 have both 2017 and 2008 BK's same with 2 of 2.

 

My first BK from 2008 is from Orlando, Florida.

My second BK from 2017 is from Houston, Texas. 

 

Is it showing correctly?

 

I've attached a screen shot. Smiley Happy 

 

Thanks for ya'lls help and input. 


To me it looks like TransUnion just switched the two.  So it put the second one as number 1 instead of number 2

 

Does that make sense?  Not sure I am conveying that correctly.



Equifax - 644
TransUnion - 641
Experian - 639
Message 2 of 5
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Understanding the two BKs on my report

OP...first and foremost, Id cover your case numbers up asap, thats personal stuff.

Next...This looks like the FICO 3-B to me, because its missing your DC dates. But anyways, they are both there, like previous poster said, TU flipped them.

Id also call each of the CRA, and ask for EE on your first BK. You are well within range for EE, especially TU.
(BK7 d/c-08/2013/FICO-400's) ~ 07/2017 FICO 08- EQ-669, TU-676, EX-681
Scores being held down by tons of INQ/New acts Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Understanding the two BKs on my report

 


pizza1 wrote:
OP...first and foremost, Id cover your case numbers up asap, thats personal stuff.

Next...This looks like the FICO 3-B to me, because its missing your DC dates. But anyways, they are both there, like previous poster said, TU flipped them.

Id also call each of the CRA, and ask for EE on your first BK. You are well within range for EE, especially TU.

 

 

 

Pizza 1 --- Thanks for the heads up. So for the EE how early are you allowed to request them to remove them. I'm sure only having 1 BK would help my reports. Do I just call them and request the early removal? 

 

What would you recommend I say to them when I call? I want to make sure I word it correctly. 

Scores on the day of BK file: 02/08/2017: EFX: 490, TU: 562, EX: 526


Scores on the day of 341 Meeting: 03/09/2017: EFX: 508, TU: 504, EX: 449

Scores on the day of discharge w/ everything reporting 0 IIB: EFX: 532, TU: 508, EX: 479

As of: August 28th, 2017: (7 months since date of filing): EFX: 574, TU: 567, EX: 550

CREDIT CARDS:
Discover IT Secured: $200 Limit
Reflex Mastercard: $500 Limit


Loans: $21k Car Loan 2017 Hyundai Tuscon @ 12% - First Investors
Message 4 of 5
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Understanding the two BKs on my report


makingitright wrote:

 


pizza1 wrote:
OP...first and foremost, Id cover your case numbers up asap, thats personal stuff.

Next...This looks like the FICO 3-B to me, because its missing your DC dates. But anyways, they are both there, like previous poster said, TU flipped them.

Id also call each of the CRA, and ask for EE on your first BK. You are well within range for EE, especially TU.

 

 

 

Pizza 1 --- Thanks for the heads up. So for the EE how early are you allowed to request them to remove them. I'm sure only having 1 BK would help my reports. Do I just call them and request the early removal? 

 

What would you recommend I say to them when I call? I want to make sure I word it correctly. 


EE can be requested 3-6 months for EQ and EX, and 6 months for TU.  It goes from the file date, not DC date. You can call or dispute on line.

 

Either way, if you do it online, make sure you say...."im not disputing the BK, Im merely asking please for Early Exclusion Deletion"... if theres a box to check for "acct too old" check that one. If you call, just say the same thing, and say, Im not disputing my BK, Im just asking for EE of the tradeline please". Hopefully it works! TU is better about it than the other others, and have deleted 6-8 months at times before its due to fall off. Good luck!

(BK7 d/c-08/2013/FICO-400's) ~ 07/2017 FICO 08- EQ-669, TU-676, EX-681
Scores being held down by tons of INQ/New acts Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 5