cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: EE BK success with Transunion! But...

tag
gabby1120
Established Member

Update: EE BK success with Transunion! But...

It took a week, and I thought for sure it wasn't going to happen as the BK wasn't due to fall off until 9/2017, but I ended up disputing through Credit Karma's forum and they deleted the public record! They also deleted a dual posting from Sallie Mae which showed as IIB (but Navient has the same loan and so it was showing up twice). One odd thing, though, is that a different account that for some reason isn't scheduled to fall off until 2/2018 wasn't deleted, even though that was IIB that TU deleted from my report. Can I do anything about this? It seems odd for a report to show something as "Closed - Derogatory", "Payment Status: Payment Plan" and "Remarks: Chapter 13, wage earner planaccount" when the BK it was included in is now deleted...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Update: EE BK success with Transunion! But...

@gabby1120 wrote:

It took a week, and I thought for sure it wasn't going to happen as the BK wasn't due to fall off until 9/2017, but I ended up disputing through Credit Karma's forum and they deleted the public record! They also deleted a dual posting from Sallie Mae which showed as IIB (but Navient has the same loan and so it was showing up twice). One odd thing, though, is that a different account that for some reason isn't scheduled to fall off until 2/2018 wasn't deleted, even though that was IIB that TU deleted from my report. Can I do anything about this? It seems odd for a report to show something as "Closed - Derogatory", "Payment Status: Payment Plan" and "Remarks: Chapter 13, wage earner planaccount" when the BK it was included in is now deleted...

Congrats on the EE!!  That's wonderful!  I look forward to being able to have mine EE sometime next year.

I believe each tradeline stands on it's own, IIRC.  So that could be why the other accounts that were IIB have not been removed.  My Target account didn't start reporting negative until about a month after I filed, so it has a removal date one month later.  I'll see what happens when I start my EE calls next year.

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alot of people seem to have great success with TU deleting items early.  I too had a discharged BK13 that was filed in August 2010 deleted six months early on my TU report.  I have had zero luck getting it deleted early from EQ and EX.  I've called a few times over the past few months and tried submitting it online as well.  Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until either July or August for them to delete it. 

Message 3 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Alot of people seem to have great success with TU deleting items early.  I too had a discharged BK13 that was filed in August 2010 deleted six months early on my TU report.  I have had zero luck getting it deleted early from EQ and EX.  I've called a few times over the past few months and tried submitting it online as well.  Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until either July or August for them to delete it. 

Yeah, TU is great with early deletion, EQ & EX not so much. My 7 accounts included in my 2010 BK7, several with late pyments, were due to fall off my reports from April thru August. In early April I used CreditKarma's Direct Dispute (worth a CK account alone!) to dispute with TU, they had a reason in the list "account too old to report" which I chose, TU removed all of them and my TU Fico jumped from 677 to 720. I also disputed directly with EQ & EX, they didn't have a "too old to report" reason to choose, so I put that in the comments. EX & EQ removed 5 with the remain two reporting as late - 1 was, the other was my mortgage which I didn't reaffirm on advice of my attorney, but I was never late prior to filing, during BK, or the 7+ years since. Oh well, EX & EQ Ficos are both still 686, August can't come soon enough, when the last one, my mortgage, falls off. 

Message 4 of 7
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I've read on here that Eq & Ex will possibly do it 2-3 months early...I just can't remember which was 2 and which was 3!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats !!!

i just had my BK 7 removed from TU after two tries.. first attempt came back as verified and accurate. second attempt worked. fell off today. was suppose to remain until 12/2018. 

i will try experian next. from my personal experience. do not give it. try again on a different date and time.

congrats to a new beginning !!!!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian will do it 3 months out.  EQ is 1 month.  My FICO shot up 109 points when TU early excluded my BK13 about a month ago.  For TU I am at 791.  I'm at 704-711 on the other 2.  Hoping that EQ drops off this month since it'll be 3 months out on Jun30.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.