cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Starting Rebuild 6/7/17 Complete, Now in Garden.

tag
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

Re: Starting Rebuild 6/7/17

@pizza1 wrote:

@kilj0y wrote:

Latest Update:

I noticed some of the dates listed on my BK were wrong on my credit reports so I sent a Method of Verification (MOV) letter to all 3 bureaus asking them to send me the records they have on file to verify the information about the BK. To my surpise Equifax just deleted the BK from my report! Waiting for updates to the other bureaus though.

Dont get too excited...Its only gone temporarily, they will verify the true dates with the courts, and then reinsert the BK with all the correct information including your attorneys name,  lol (happened to me 4 yrs ago).  If you happen to be a very very lucky individual who happens to not have it reinserted, then thats awesome.  But...I wouldnt get excited just yet....Smiley Wink

So I did a bit more research and apparantly they verify through a company called Lexus Nexis who I have froze for a different purpose but since they can't pull my Lexis Nexus report they cannot verify it hence why they sent my dispute results letter saying it was deleted.

Message 11 of 23
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@kilj0y wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@kilj0y wrote:

Latest Update:

I noticed some of the dates listed on my BK were wrong on my credit reports so I sent a Method of Verification (MOV) letter to all 3 bureaus asking them to send me the records they have on file to verify the information about the BK. To my surpise Equifax just deleted the BK from my report! Waiting for updates to the other bureaus though.

Dont get too excited...Its only gone temporarily, they will verify the true dates with the courts, and then reinsert the BK with all the correct information including your attorneys name,  lol (happened to me 4 yrs ago).  If you happen to be a very very lucky individual who happens to not have it reinserted, then thats awesome.  But...I wouldnt get excited just yet....Smiley Wink

So I did a bit more research and apparantly they verify through a company called Lexus Nexis who I have froze for a different purpose but since they can't pull my Lexis Nexus report they cannot verify it hence why they sent my dispute results letter saying it was deleted.

mmm,   interesting. 

Message 12 of 23
Scupra
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@kilj0y wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@kilj0y wrote:

Latest Update:

mmm,   interesting. 

Wondering if you got lucky with the new changes to PR's

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Public-Record-Changes-in-Credit-Reports/td-p/4860...

Lexisnexis is not the only way CRA's verify BK though.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 13 of 23
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@kilj0y wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@kilj0y wrote:

Latest Update:

mmm,   interesting. 

Wondering if you got lucky with the new changes to PR's

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Public-Record-Changes-in-Credit-Reports/td-p/4860...

Lexisnexis is not the only way CRA's verify BK though.

At least for Equifax LexisNexis is what they use according to the credit report.

Untitled.png

Message 14 of 23
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

Latest Update:

Equifax responded to some more disputes of incorrect information on my credit report since they have deleted the bankruptcy and more baddies are falling off, latest score increase is +113 points Smiley Happy.

As you can see from myfico, I started at 562 when I filed, my score went up after the discharge, followed by it dropping with my bankruptcy was deleted. Then I disputed the all the accounts that were incorrectly showing balances due that were discharged in bankruptcy as balance not accurate and then they started updating the bad accounts. There's about 5 accounts left that need to be rectified out of 18 so that reflects my current score of 675.

IMG_1310.PNG

Message 15 of 23
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

Feeling great from the huge increase in score I wanted a 2% cash back card for a daily driver until I get back in with Chase so I apped for the Pen Fed Power Cash rewards and was APPROVED!

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the score increase and Penfed approval.

Message 17 of 23
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@kilj0y wrote:

Feeling great from the huge increase in score I wanted a 2% cash back card for a daily driver until I get back in with Chase so I apped for the Pen Fed Power Cash rewards and was APPROVED!

Despite the success youve had cheating the system, disputing a BK that was actually yours, congrats on the success of approvals! PF is great to work with, treat them well, and you will be rewarded back!

Chase...well, you may or may not get in as soon as you think. They have a very long memory, and just because your BK is off the reports, doesnt mean they dont have your SSN flagged (blacklisted) in their system. 

Message 18 of 23
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@kilj0y wrote:

Despite the success youve had cheating the system, disputing a BK that was actually yours, congrats on the success of approvals! PF is great to work with, treat them well, and you will be rewarded back!

Chase...well, you may or may not get in as soon as you think. They have a very long memory, and just because your BK is off the reports, doesnt mean they dont have your SSN flagged (blacklisted) in their system. 

Please explain how I cheated the system? My LexisNexis was frozen previously from the security breach that happened to the OPM breach that affected people with clearances. And I didn't know a frozen LexisNexis had any affect until after I researched on why they would delete the bankrupcty when it was removed from my report.

My bankruptcy information was inaccurate on my credit report, I asked them to fix it. They couldn't verify so they deleted. They changed all of my 0 balance IIB to have balances. I asked them to update the balances and they put them back at zero.

I know chase has a long memory I was just stating I only wanted a 2% daily driver until I can get back in with chase however long that may be.

There is a maximum amount of time a bankruptcy has to be on a credit report. Please point me to anything that states the minimum amount of time it has to be on there. I did nothing unethical on my part. All I wanted was accurate information to be on my credit report if its going to be on there.

Message 19 of 23
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

Last Update!!

So since my Equifax score is now over 700 I decided to try my luck at getting a Bank of America Cash 3/2/1 rewards card. I was originally denied a secured card after my discharge back in June '17.

BAM! Approved with a $1500 limit!

Now I am off to the garden for a few years while I tend to growing my credit limits. Cap One does CLI softpull increases, hopefully I can get some PenFed quarterly offers off a soft pull and hoping my Discover secured graduates within a year. If not ill just cancel that card and get my deposit back since I am fine with the cards I currently have.

IMG_1459.jpg

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.