Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacating or Removing Judgements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vacating or Removing Judgements

Hello,  I had 3 Judgements that were discharged in my bk7.  2 of them were removed from my credit report.  I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible and what to do to have the judgements vacated due to be discharged in bk7.  Im in Maryland and they were filed in the district court of Maryland.  Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Vacating or Removing Judgements

Maybe write them and ask if they would simply remove it because it is paid off now.

Message 2 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

File with the court a motion to vacate based on the BK discharge order and it can then come off your CRs.

Message 3 of 12
JBB529
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,  I had 3 Judgements that were discharged in my bk7.  2 of them were removed from my credit report.  I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible and what to do to have the judgements vacated due to be discharged in bk7.  Im in Maryland and they were filed in the district court of Maryland.  Thanks

I just sent an email to the attorney who filed my BK asking the exact same question, and I'm also in Maryland. I'll let you know the response.

Message 4 of 12
JBB529
New Contributor

@JBB529 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just sent an email to the attorney who filed my BK asking the exact same question, and I'm also in Maryland. I'll let you know the response.

The response I received: J, I'm sorry, our office does not to that.

So I sent an email asking if it's possible and if they can point me in the right direction. It's funny how helpful the attorneys are when you are ready to give them money, then nothing.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JBB529 wrote:

@JBB529 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I sent an email asking if it's possible and if they can point me in the right direction. It's funny how helpful the attorneys are when you are ready to give them money, then nothing.

Thanks for the response.  I did the same thing and got the same response from my attorney.  I even offered him more money.  He never answered back or returned calls when I ask if he could point me in the direction .  

Message 6 of 12
JBB529
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JBB529 wrote:

@JBB529 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the response.  I did the same thing and got the same response from my attorney.  I even offered him more money.  He never answered back or returned calls when I ask if he could point me in the direction .  

We probably used the same attorney... lol

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JBB529 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JBB529 wrote:

@JBB529 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

We probably used the same attorney... lol

I wouldn't doubt it mine began with a T

Message 8 of 12
JBB529
New Contributor

Mine did not.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JBB529 wrote:

Mine did not.

Im still researching it I'll let you know if I find out anything.  

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.