Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting to File Chap 7

tag
missy42
Regular Contributor

Waiting to File Chap 7

I'm waiting to file Chap 7 as I am Disabled Vet that recently stopped working.  I have USAA (no credit products) but NFCU will be IIB as I have around $41K in debt with them alone.  Not sure what steps I will be able to take once I start to rebuild as Cap1 and DiscoverIT also IIB.  I'm thinking I'll start at USAA and maybe find another Credit union I can join for secure loan.  I'm also inluding car from local Community Credit Union.    I'm keeping my home, I'm in FL any advice would be helpful but I do have time just trying to line up what steps to take.  Car will be IIB as I plan on buying a car for cash after bk discharge.  Looking for advice on what steps to take as the 700 in 24 months sounds good except NFCU will not be an option.  Just want to have my game plan in place prior to discharge.

I filed Chap 7, 9 years ago but recently stopped working due to my disabilities.  

Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Waiting to File Chap 7

We are in a similar boat. I am about to file BK7 as well and am also rated at 70% by the VA. I will be IIB Chase, Discover, Amex, and NFCU. I am coming up with my plan right now just like you. I think my first stop will be Cap1 about 6 months post-discharge. Unfortunately DWs medical bills had piled up to the point of no return which forced us to move to aother city for their hospital and me changing careers and taking about a 60% pay cut. 

Message 2 of 3
missy42
Regular Contributor

Re: Waiting to File Chap 7

Thanks for responding, I hope your wife continue to get better.  I'm really hoping that once I file things will get better.  I am going to stay on this board in hopes of making all the right moves to ensure success.  We've made the first step and at this point that's all we can do.  Good luck to you and I'll be posting my journey along the way hoping it helps others as well.

Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.