Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Public Records, need help

tag
Dis0314
Established Member

Weird Public Records, need help

I'm about a year post Chp7 bankruptcy and while i had started to rebuild my credit with new credit lines and doing well with that I never really attacked my credit reports.

One of the big things I'm not really sure how to handle are a bunch of public records. A couple are for taxes which I know abotu but there are some that I have no idea what they are.

One is labelled USMARSHALL, it has a reference number and that date is incorrect (12/31/0000)

another says circuit court and lists a name that was included in the bankruptcy.

and some others don't list any information other than a reference number.

How do I handle these?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Re: Weird Public Records, need help

@Dis0314 wrote:

I'm about a year post Chp7 bankruptcy and while i had started to rebuild my credit with new credit lines and doing well with that I never really attacked my credit reports.

One of the big things I'm not really sure how to handle are a bunch of public records. A couple are for taxes which I know abotu but there are some that I have no idea what they are.

One is labelled USMARSHALL, it has a reference number and that date is incorrect (12/31/0000)

another says circuit court and lists a name that was included in the bankruptcy.

and some others don't list any information other than a reference number.

How do I handle these?

That USMARSHALL one.. unpaid student loan debt?   There has been recent stories of US Marshals going after unpaid student loan debt.  

Message 2 of 4
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Forgot to mention.. this is happening often in the state of Texas.

Message 3 of 4
Dis0314
Established Member

Yeah I'm in Texas but I don't have a student loan. My wife does but hers is still current as it was not able to be included in the bankruptcy.

is there a way to look to see what these are?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.