Contributor
carolina98

Wells Fargo not BK friendly

I'm 1 yr 5 mo. past Chpt 7 discharge with an Exp. score of 680. I have a student loan with Wells Fargo and have never been late in the 5 years I've been paying on it. I had a rewards card offer from Wells Fargo, applied for it  and was denied. Reason given was BK. Hate dinging my credit for that. It's the third credit app I've made since discharge.

I have a Barclays Card with 1900 limit obtained 1 year past discharge and also a $750 Capitol One card. 

Unfortunate as it is, the upside is I'm still better off with the BK.

Established Member
Hispanic208

Re: Wells Fargo not BK friendly

Sorry to hear about Wells Fargo, but you should try to apply for a card from DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union). They are BK friendly. You can apply first and if you are approved, then you can apply for membership into the credit union. They pull Equifax.

Regular Contributor
Guyatthebeach

You're right Wells Fargo is not bankruptcy friendly.  If this happened to me, I think I would go to my local Wells Fargo branch to talk to the branch manager about the decline. Since you have a loan with them that has 5 years of payment history, you may have a chance. A phone call or two to their credit department maybe of some help. 

Give it a try.What do you have to lose??

If they still decline your application, you should try a credit union.

Valued Contributor
Scupra

Agreed! Asking for a recon can't hurt. You never know, maybe their electronic decision auto declined for BK but a underwriter/credit analyst could over ride it?
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
693 EQ FICO 10/2014
680 TU FICO 09/2014
682 EX FICO 09/2014
$14k NFCU Flagship Sig - $14k NFCU cashRewards Sig - $15k NavChek - $6k Barclay Arrival + - $5k Cap1 Quicksilver - $2.2k Amazon Store
Valued Member
jnjinfl

Maybe they are not BK friendly on the credit card side but I got an auto loan through them at 5.9% just a little over 2yrs post bk7. My scores at the time were in the 650-660 range per the loan officer. I also did not have any WF accounts IIB.

Valued Member
jnjinfl

I can 100% attest to Digital Credit Union. They just refinanced my auto loan I had through wells fargo. I was mistaken I had 6.9 through wells fargo. Digital just refinanced me at 2.49%. They also gave me a 3k credit card at 11.9%. For sure they are bk friendly... at least for me a the 3yr post bk mark.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}