cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Credit cards are good to apply after BK 7???

tag
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: What Credit cards are good to apply after BK 7???

I would not close any card ever especially my oldest ones.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 21 of 24
d12
New Contributor

@Jakookie wrote:

If Discover card was the main reason why I filed for Bankrupcty (their collectors started garnishing my wages after obtaining a Judgement on the fact that I didn't show up in court) what is the likelihood of getting approved for a new Discover card after the bankrupcty?  Should I even loook to get a discover card?  I want it for the benefits more than anything else. I purchase 6-10 airline tickets per year for my and my family travels.

Current Situation: BK discharged 11/16/2011  Holding: Barclay Visa - $1,500, Barclay Mastercard - $3,500, Credit Union Unsecured Visa - $500 and 4 store cards(Walmart, Gap, Limited and Victoria Secret) totaling $1,650. 

I will be closing the CU Visa as it carries a AF of $30, but this was my very first card after BK so I was keeping this just for length of time opened. I will be closing the Walmart (since I started getting a free fico with my Barclay card), Victoria Secret Card & the Limited, I really won't need these anymore.

Barclay rarely updates their credit score. It was three months between times for me.

Cap One Quicksilver ($10,000); Barclays Rewards WMC ($7200); Lowes ($4050); Wal-mart ($3250); HSN ($1800); Amazon ($2300); Sportsmans Guide Visa ($1400); Target ($700); Victoria's Secret ($900)

EX: 806, EQ: 780, WM TU: 806
Message 22 of 24
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Still very happy with Capital One.  Just raised my Quicksilver from $3,500 to $12,500!

That is $40k total credit line with Capital One after BK 18 months ago!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 23 of 24
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

This thread is over a year old. Please start a new thread if you wish to continue discussion on this topic.

-NG-

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.