Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a mess

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a mess

Hello, I am wondering if anybody can shed some light on my story. I am a 44 year old that had a credit score of the upper 800 area until about 2002, when I was instructed to claim chapter 13, which I did. To make a long story short my trustee set me up on a payment plan to pay back my creditors, for 5 years at 460.00 per month. I could not pay this off earlier than 3 years because a restrictions. So 4 years into it I finally have the money to pay it off which I did. So I should have been discharged. Turns out late IRS penalties totaling over 5k where levied against me at the same time. Even though the chapter 13 was paid in full the IRS dismissed the bankruptcy and leined me for current and previous debt included in the b-rupcty. Now the old creditors are after me again even through they were paid off according to the chapter 13 plan. Now my score is in the low 500s and I have current charges because of the dismissal. To top it off, I was never informed of a motion to dismiss , my attorney went out of business. I wish I could make a story like this up. Can anybody help.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: What a mess

Here is what you definately have got to do. Request a  court hearing with the US Bankruptcy Court in the city & state to which has juridiction. Have copies of all your paperwork. Also conattc the trustee's office for teh chapter 13 payments as well. No one, including the IRS or any creditor included in the 13 plan, can violate the federal law. At the same tiem find the mailing address for the IRS and the creditors and mail them a letter of dispute. Make sure thta you get a tarcking number so you can track it on line. Priority us mail with delivery confirmation would be a way to go.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.