cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cards/credit were you able to get right out of bk?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What cards/credit were you able to get right out of bk?

Just wondering how soon we can expect to actually be able to get some credit reestablishment happening. Smiley Happy our 341 was 9/30 so we are now just waiting for dc.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: What cards/credit were you able to get right out of bk?

Welcome to myFICO! Take a look around the BK forums and you will find a lot of information on this topic and related ones.

Personally I got a Cap1 card and a NFCU secured the day I was discharged.
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with an OpenSky secured card. They require no credit check and I was extremely nervous about whether I would be approved for anything. After that I found this forum. I was encouraged to look at Capital One. They have treated us very well so far. Good luck on your journey!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was skeptical about applying for anything. Upon reading this forum I was encouraged to apply for Cap 1. I checked the pre-qual site and didn't get anything. I think someone here by the name of DIvaSongs stated that she never recv'd a pre-qual and just apped for the suggested cards and that's what I did. I was approved for 2 Cap 1 cards SL of $300. I applied a couple days after discharge.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We haven't been discharged yet... My atty said we could apply for credit. So we tried cap 1.... That's all I'm doing till we get our school though. I was appropriate 2 cards. Hubby 1 with 300 limit in their steps program. I'm just happy that we got in with a decent company that will help us rebuild. 😊
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.