Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did your BK cost?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What did your BK cost?

I paid $2,300 and it was well worth it!   Included all fees and the cost to remove liens on my home and vacate judgements.  I consulted a bargain attorney first ($800) and he told me that the liens on my home could not be removed.  Glad I did my homework!

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Our attorney was $550, and our court fees were $325 for a grant total of $875.00 Cheapest I could find, and the attorney was also used by numerous others I knew so I felt good going with him. Plus he reminds me of Saul Goodman, which I find really humerous.

Are any of you in the chicago area?

Message 22 of 27
AutumnH
New Contributor

I paid $180. Court fee $335 I tried to get waived but they let me make payments. I did pro se through an online firm.
Chapter 7 Discharged June 2015

Trying to rebuild
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

$1189 and I wish I never paid them to do it...it was so easy and I had to correct half of their work...I could have easily done it myself and just paid court cost!

Message 24 of 27
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

My chapter 7 bankruptcy cost me exactly $700, including legal fees and court costs. I was extremely impressed that my lawyer went through a 4 inch ring binder of documents and not a single error. He also stopped a challenge  one of my creditors tried to place on my bankruptcy. 

Another thing I liked about him was he told exactly what local credit union and bank to go to get back on my feet. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where did you file?
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

$1100 for lawyer and filing fees.

2 credit counselings which I forgot the amounts of and gas to see my lawyer once (1hr away) and my 341 meeting (45min away)

no more than 1200

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.