Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happenes when you don't carry a small balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happenes when you don't carry a small balance

Last statement round I let a $1 report on one card, wa a paid off for this round and I will have a small balance report on another. With the one account going from $1 to $0 it dropped me 14 points on equifax. Lesson learned
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: What happenes when you don't carry a small balance

Answer to your post's title -> The creditors will send over their peeps to take away your credit cards. lol

I'm not one to play around with my tradelines and obsess over scores so I will repeat what I have seen others post. It seems that the best strategy on an ongoing basis is to have all credit cards balances but one at $0 just before reporting date and less than 10% on the remaining one.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That just might happen lol. I'll see what happenes when my capital one accounts update on my reports tomorrow maybe that 7$ reporting will get me my points back. I want to try for an cli with nfcu after the 3rd statement cuts next week
Message 3 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
That just might happen lol. I'll see what happenes when my capital one accounts update on my reports tomorrow maybe that 7$ reporting will get me my points back. I want to try for an cli with nfcu after the 3rd statement cuts next week

You should get your points back, don't worry.. 0% util just looks like you don't use the credit you have so FICO knocks you down for it. On the NFCU request, I would wait until the next AR and then ask for a CLI. Could very well walk away with a large SP CLI Smiley Very Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

as soon as the $6 posted on the other account went right back up, now hopefully next month I can gain a few points. Last few I have gone up one month a few than back down the same amount the next drives me nuts lol I am waiting to try on the cli with NFCU. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.