Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens after discharge?

tag
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

What happens after discharge?

Push came to shove and I had to file chapter 7 bankruptcy last week. I feel like all my hard work trying to improve my score over the last 8 months was for nothing. But I'm looking ahead...

My discharge is going to be sometime in June and I wanted to know what would should I do to make a positive change in my credit and overall to be financially secure?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What happens after discharge?

You need to start planning ahead for now concerning your credit all you could do is sit tight. After the discharge in june you could start cleaning up your credit, you can finish cleaning up your credit after you get your discharge paperwork which they say is three months after discharge date I am still waiting for mine at the end of the month.

Start rebuiling your credit after discharge, save a little every month or as much as you could afford be aware of your spending habbits to make this happen for a second time down the road.

Goodluck!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.