Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to my car??

tag
Allme
Established Member

Re: What happens to my car??

My last credit reports were pulled in December on MyFico and the car is still not listed. A few of the credit cards have been completely deleted as well. I thought it was a glitch at first but two reports in a row and they are not listed. I get my new reports in March so I will see if they reappear. I told the lady from PNC that I could drop it off to them and she said they would send a letter that I have yet to receive.

Message 11 of 15
jkjklkjkl
Contributor

Curious: What happened with the car?
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a loan with PNC... long story short.. bought a car.. I could not afford (didn't realize it at the time)-- I stopped paying on the car in September 2015-- willing to just chop it up I guess. I knew I couldn't afford it at that time. Filed bankruptcy in January 2016-- It was discharged at the end of May.. I'm still driving the car, haven't made a payment. I have been in works with PNC to get a settlement with them. They want more than I can afford to pay (still) -- but the reps have told me that as long as I am making some type of payment every month, they will not pick up my car.  I'm not sure-- how true this is... but I will start paying on the car this month... and HOPEFULLY they are being honest with me... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a loan with PNC... long story short.. bought a car.. I could not afford (didn't realize it at the time)-- I stopped paying on the car in September 2015-- willing to just chop it up I guess. I knew I couldn't afford it at that time. Filed bankruptcy in January 2016-- It was discharged at the end of May.. I'm still driving the car, haven't made a payment. I have been in works with PNC to get a settlement with them. They want more than I can afford to pay (still) -- but the reps have told me that as long as I am making some type of payment every month, they will not pick up my car.  I'm not sure-- how true this is... but I will start paying on the car this month... and HOPEFULLY they are being honest with me... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!  

@Allme wrote:

I discharged in June for my Chapter 7 bankruptcy and was told by my lawyer to drive my car until they come get it. Well they still have not came to get the car and have only contacted me once about it. I had the loan with PNC Bank and when the lady called she asked me what I wanted to do with the car. I said I refused to make the full payments and would consider keeping the car if we could negotiate the terms and payments. She told me they would send me a letter and I have not received it yet. Anyone have experience with PNC bank? I am nervous every morning thinking the car will be gone but happy to have a car without payments right now. Any advice?

Message 14 of 15
SMTTT2012
Established Member

I've been wondering the same thing. I stopped making payments in Feb which was only my second payment and filed March 1st (gotta love how life happens).  Havent gotten a letter, a call...nothing.  I was d/c'd 6-11-16.  Checked my credit report and all three have zero balance and IIB for Nissan Motors.  My lawyer says to just keep full coverage and save until they come to get it. I feel like they'd come get a 42K car pretty quickly but that hasnt been the case.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.