cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens with delinquent accounts when OC files bankruptcy?

tag
Downto0
Regular Contributor

What happens with delinquent accounts when OC files bankruptcy?

I got a notice from credit tracker that I had either a new or existing account listed as delinquent.  I got a copy of my cr and found that an OC had updated their tl after 5 years of no updating at all.  

It's unusual the way they updated...not to mention I've never seen an OC update their tl once they stop updating except to list the tl as "sold".  

The OC last updated in January of 2010.  No history for 5 years after that.  Fast forward to February 2015 and they updated and filled in all the months for the last 5 years with either C/O or N/R (not reported). The first 2 1/2 years was N/R and the last 2 1/2 years was C/O.  

On the first half of the 5 years of non-updating, N/R seems accurate because the tl was not reported.  However, C/O does not seem accurate for the second half of the 5 years of non-updating because the tl was not updated during that time so how could they list that it had been reported as "C/O?

Then, who updated?  The OC gives their name and address as the data furnisher so one could only conclude that they updated.  But why would they bother to update at all if everything is going to the bankruptcy court...especially since the delinquent amount stayed the same?

And, what will happen to my delinquent account?  Can the bankruptcy court somehow authorized it sold to another lender/collector?
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.