Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your post Chap 7 BK Fico?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is your post Chap 7 BK Fico?

My EQ FICO after a CH 13 BK has stayed around 708 for quite awhile (18 mos).  The highest it's gotten is 717.

At this point, I assume it'll stay in that same range until my BK ages off my reports next year.

The simulator has given me higher potential ranges on occasion, but I seem to have nixed some of that opportunity by decimating my AAofA.  I'm now a big advocate of taking on new apps very very slowly.  Since I have a new auto loan on my reports, I will not be apping for anything else this year.

Message 21 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre bankruptcy score 579. File chapter 7 in October 2010. Discharge January 2011. Current score Tran 601. Equifax 635. Experian Plus Score 655, I dont trust this score. My goal score is over 700. Filing bankruptcy was the best decision I have ever made.

Message 22 of 113
emesquit

My husband and I filed CH 7 in August of 2010 and it was discharged in January 2011. Current scores are below. I am nervous about applying for a card to rebuild my credit, but as of now I dont have any accounts open or ways for my score to improve other than waiting for some older accounts to fall off.

CH 7 DISCHARGED 1/2011
As of 24-Sep-15: TU624(FICO)/EQ647/EXP659(FICO)
CAP1 Platinum: $1750/CAP1 Quicksilver: $4000/Merrick: $1,400/GAP: $1,000/Victoria's Secret: $1,050/Care Credit: $7,500/Citi Best Buy: $800/Barclay Rewards: $1,500
Message 23 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

My banko 7 is 2 years 2 months.

Ex= 700

EQ= 638

TU=675

Message 24 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ch7 filed 10/2001

For me it was an immediate drop to 580, recovered over the next several years to around 680 where it held for 3-4 years...  this last year  it has been stuck at around 702 +/- 5 points.... We will see where this puts me after it falls off in a few months. 

Ch 7 fell off from Equifax this month and saw a 90 point jump to 794! Ch 7 has fallen off Equifax and Experian, TU still holding on to it. I'll check that report after the first of the month.

Message 25 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ch7 filed 10/2001

For me it was an immediate drop to 580, recovered over the next several years to around 680 where it held for 3-4 years...  this last year  it has been stuck at around 702 +/- 5 points.... We will see where this puts me after it falls off in a few months. 

Ch 7 fell off from Equifax this month and saw a 90 point jump to 794! Ch 7 has fallen off Equifax and Experian, TU still holding on to it. I'll check that report after the first of the month.

Congrats!!! That's a super FICO score.  Looks like you've done some good rebuilding work!

Message 26 of 113
mf91745
Established Member

Hi All-

This isn't a direct response to the original question but I thought it'd be useful to you all.

The website creditkarma.com gives you your credit score (TransUnion) for free, and lets you simulate changes to your credit score using hypothetical scenarios, including a foreclosure (but not bankruptcy).

I have no relation whatsoever to creditkarma.com, except being a normal user.

My TU credit score per creditkarma is 754, and when I simulated a 90 days late on all accounts plus a foreclosure, my simulated score dropped to 668, which was not as bad as I thought it would be.

-mf91745 

Message 27 of 113
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@mf91745 wrote:

Hi All-

This isn't a direct response to the original question but I thought it'd be useful to you all.

The website creditkarma.com gives you your credit score (TransUnion) for free, and lets you simulate changes to your credit score using hypothetical scenarios, including a foreclosure (but not bankruptcy).

I have no relation whatsoever to creditkarma.com, except being a normal user.

My TU credit score per creditkarma is 754, and when I simulated a 90 days late on all accounts plus a foreclosure, my simulated score dropped to 668, which was not as bad as I thought it would be.

-mf91745 

Hi mf091745 and welcome to the forums.

Just in case you're not aware of it neither of the 2 scores offered at CK (TransRisk and VantageScore) are FICO scores and although a few lenders do use VS to make credit decisions the TransRisk score is not used by lenders as far as I know.

To elaborate further about scores no one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. You can get both a TU (Transunion) and EQ (Equifax) here at myFICO. 

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at transunioncs.com but that site seems to have stopped doing that. Wal Mart now offers a TU score to those who have their store card and the Discover version.

Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 28 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

And if you want to play with an estimator, here's a FICO Credit Score Estimator worth spending some time with.  Smiley Wink

As is my habit - I like to remind anyone who has not pulled a true FICO score to make good use of the 10-day free trial for ScoreWatch.  You'll get an EQ report, EQ FICO score, and a simulator to play with.  Cancel within 10 days to keep it free, or keep it going for FICO score updates. 

Message 29 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update. I'm 2 months from being discharged for 1 year. My EQ is 615 and my TU is 626. Not too bad considering I have 8 new accounts in the last 10 months and am running around 25% utilization reporting.

Message 30 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.