Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your post Chap 7 BK Fico?

tag
spagal
Established Member

Re: What is your post Chap 7 BK Fico?

Mine was 624 2 months post discharge and 664 1 year post discharge. Checking again at the 2 year mark. I am not all that hot on checking it. I am a slow rebuilder anyway.

BK discharged 7/2010 -
TU 624 8/2010 TU 675 6/2015
EX 664 7/2011 EX???

40 pt climb in 1 year with 3 positive TLs (school loan, auto loan & 1 credit card)

Message 61 of 113
Credit_Me
New Contributor

Bk was discharged 1/12. I just started the whole rebuilding process. Got aproved for first Credit Card and starting off there.

EQ: 531 6/14/12

TU: Unknown

Starting Score: EQ:531 (06/14/12) TU: 578 (06/16/12) EX: 555 (06/23/12)
Current Score: EQ:647 (10/04/12) TU: 621 (08/04/12) EX: 654 (05/15/13) App from CU
Goal Score: 2012 Goal Met. 2013 - 660+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Rebuilding Tools: Cap1 (750), Credit1 (400), Aspire FCU CBL (1000)
Message 62 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico EQ 650ish CH7 7/11

Fico TU 620ish same

My FICO scores are higher from this site than the numerous FAKO sites. I am guessing that is not the norm and I am wondering why? My FAKO scores are between 40 to 60 points lower..depending on the site.

Message 63 of 113

Filed CH 7 12/2007, discharged 3/2008.

I have no idea what my scores were, as I wasn't pro-active about rebuilding until April 2011 and still didn't fully understand credit... I'm just now really getting a good grasp on it, but still have lots of questions!  I started out monitoring with TC (FAKO score BTW-didn't know that until I stumbled onto myFico the beginning of the week!). 

April 2011 FAKO

TU 618, EQ 615, EX 625

February 2012 FAKO

TU 654, EQ 643, EX 659

June 2012 FICO

TU 646, EQ 623, EX ?

If you want more details about my personal situation, I started a thread that has it along with some questions! http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Almost-5-years-later-not-sure-where-to-go-from-here-to-ke...

Message 64 of 113
Comet21
Regular Contributor

I just pulled my TU. I am almost at my goal score!!! See below

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 65 of 113
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Well, its been a while since I checked so I pulled the reports from MyFico yesterday:  TU 705 EQ 682

EQ is not reflecting a zero balance on my Barclays card - for some reason it posted on TU but not on EQ??? So with a large balance reporting on EQ it reflects it in my score Smiley Sad

BK 7 discharged Jan 2009

I'm still stuck with a bunch of low limit subprime cards: Best Buy ($800), Cap One ($750 credit steps), Credit One ($800), FP ($800) Smiley Sad

I have an iTunes cc from Barclays and I don't know if that is subprime or semi prime or what?? But it is the only semi decent limit I have ($2200) other than Jared's at $10,000 ...lol  Plus I have my old Nordstroms showing $2k available but its really not, its iib. (For some reason the account doesn't show iib, just zero bal)

I also have a Chase auto loan with a decent balance and rate, but that doesn't really affect the score much, does it?

Still working on getting it together with better limits.  If I close the sub prime cards will it be easier to get a prime one? Should I close the FP and BB first? What is a better strategy?

Message 66 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

StartingOver10 - with those FICOs I would definitely look at apping for better cards, i.e Chase Freedom or if you can join, NFCU. If you get one of those cards, then close the First Premier or Cap 1 should they charge you AF.

Message 67 of 113
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

StartingOver10 - with those FICOs I would definitely look at apping for better cards, i.e Chase Freedom or if you can join, NFCU. If you get one of those cards, then close the First Premier or Cap 1 should they charge you AF.

I would apply for Chase Freedom but I hear they are BK UNFriendly...is that true? 

I'm not eligable for NFCU. I am a member of IBM SEFCU so does anyone know if they will work with those of us with a BK?

I hate having the subprime cards but they did give me a chance to get started again.

Message 68 of 113
credit911
Contributor

Those are really good scores StartingOver10. My BK 7 was discharged in 11/07 and my scores just sit in the 680 range. All I have opened since my BK is my USDA mortgage and two credit cards, one is a visa through my credit union for 2k, and the other is a JCPenney card with 1800 limit. Both usually carry $0 balance every month. Do you guys think it would help my scores if I had more charge cards open?

Message 69 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharge: 1/6/2006

TU: 731

EQ: 727

These fluctuate a lot though down to a bit under 700 because my gf is in law school and with supporting her I simply can't always keep the reported balances <10% (actually they are at about 19% with the above scores).

I am completely unable to get any decent cards though I have a Cap1 card with a 6k limit (and it's been at that limit for about 5 years now). Two HSBC cards that recently got acquired by Cap1 at 2200 and 2400. I haven't tried to apply for a CC in a while, but the last time I did my scores were around 700, already had the 6k line with cap1 and got rejected everywhere I tried. I don't know if that is because my BK included cards from almost every major issuer (WaMu, Chase, Discover, AMEX) or what, but I seem untouchable even now nearly 7 years out., I had even opened up a PenFed acount several years ago in an attempt to get one of thir cards as they were supposed to be "easy". Any suggestions would be great! I have a mortgage, student loans and had a car loan (up until a a couple of years ago) so my credit mix is good. I have zero lates since the BK - and at this point nearly every late is off since they drop around 7 years. I have a fairly high income... also I *NEVER* get offers in the mail ever - I must be on some black listSmiley Happy Not even for "bad" cards - nothing.

Message 70 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.