Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's my next card? 1 month post DC, 684 FICO

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: What's my next card? 1 month post DC, 684 FICO

I agree with pipeguy. Stay away from Credit One! I think your next step should be joining Navy Federal. Not only are they the largest CU in the country, they are the absolutely best for rebuilders. They were my biggest asset during my rebuild. Many many others here will tell you the same. Below is the link to how to join:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Navy-Federal-CU-The-REAL-way-in-for-those-that-dont...
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol Baller, I never heard you talk about NavyFed, just PenFed Smiley Tongue jk jk

Message 12 of 18
baller4life
Super Contributor

😂😂 NFCU was my first love harleygirl!
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet, I'll give them a go. Thanks again for your help!

Message 14 of 18
dallas01
New Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Bankruptcy has to be more than 36 months old for BOA secured card.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Bank-Of-America-Secured-Card-Requirements/m-p...

Does anyone know if this is file date or discharge date? I'm coming out of chapter 13 now but filed 61 months ago.  

Message 15 of 18
baller4life
Super Contributor

Discharge date
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol Baller, I never heard you talk about NavyFed, just PenFed Smiley Tongue jk jk

What's PenFed's deal? Are they good?

Message 17 of 18
baller4life
Super Contributor

Excellent CU. You just don't want to join them fresh out of bk. They are not as generous as Navy Fed is with rebuilders. Although they have gotten better in the past year. They used to be much worse! Join NFCU first. Then in 6 months to a year join Penfed. 😉
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.