cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your experience with Texas Guarenteed after discharge?

tag
jkjklkjkl
Contributor

What's your experience with Texas Guarenteed after discharge?

I've been discharged (7/11), and received no bills from Texas Guarenteed stating that my student loans were due. Well, as of about a week ago I received a notification that a collection had been placed on my credit. I then received an updated Experian report only to see that TG placed a negative mark on my credit for the month of July:

Payment History:

JUL

C
Account History:
 Collection as of Jul 2016

This seems so wrong, because of the lack of billing--how could it be a collection if I just got discharged, instead of a regular account?! So, now after thinking I was going to have clean credit, I have collections totallying $22K!!! I would like to petition a requirement for change for the way that Texas Guarantee reports, so if anyone has any suggestions on who to contact, please feel free to voice yourself.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
holmesnmanny
Contributor

Re: What's your experience with Texas Guarenteed after discharge?

Call them and tell them, it's likely in error since they can't say it's in collection if they haven't even come into payment yet. 

Pro Se Chapter 7 discharged July 2015
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.