Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do?

tag
itzateach
Regular Contributor

What should I do?

Back in 2003, I had a discharged bankruptcy with 8 accounts associated with them. They are scheduled to fall off my credit reports as follows:

Bank of America (2 accounts): falls off 7/09
JCPenneys 7/09
GMAC  mortgage (short sale was settled for less) 6/09
HSBC mortgage 7/2010??? (not sure why so late)
RC Willey furniture 11/09 (I called them and they said if I pay like 211 bucks they would let me reapply for credit...thinking about a pay to delete letter)
Wells Farge mortgage 3/2011 (i had one report say 11/08?)
Zions Bank 12/09 (van was given back and account settled)

These are the ONLY derogatories on my account. Has anyone ever written early ie. a goodwill letter to have them deleted early off their report? And if so, do you have a copy of the letter or is there one on fico.com that would help? Other than RC willey (pay for delete I think) I would like to try!

Any help would be great!!!

Lori Smiley Happy

Message Edited by itzateach on 08-04-2008 08:21 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: What should I do?

the only thing you have to lose is the cost of stamps.  It can't hurt to try.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you filed BK in July 2002, given the "delete from file" date of July 2009.   If all 8 were included in your BK, ALL must be deleted from your report in July 2009.  Period.   Any that stay on longer are in violation of the FCRA.

I would dispute anything and everything that was included in BK but is showing a "delete from file" date after July 2009.

Do I understand this correctly, regarding your filing date and what you included in the bk?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We filed BK13 in 8/08, we were dismissed on 6/09. The 3 Credit Reporting agencies are showing the correct dates as far as filing and dismissing.  However the cc companies dates varies by years when it comes to removing this negative info.  What date should the cc card companies use to start the 7 year itch, date of filing or dismissal? Also does the variation in dates effect our credit score.  What will be the best way to correct such information, is there any danger in opening a can of worms?

Help.  Dia Dang

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sounds like you filed BK in July 2002, given the "delete from file" date of July 2009.   If all 8 were included in your BK, ALL must be deleted from your report in July 2009.  Period.   Any that stay on longer are in violation of the FCRA.

I would dispute anything and everything that was included in BK but is showing a "delete from file" date after July 2009.

Do I understand this correctly, regarding your filing date and what you included in the bk?

The BK itself should fall off in Jul 09, however, each debt included in the BK should still come off according to the DoFD of the OC.  Filing a BK does not make a debt stay longer.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.