Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should be reported post discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should be reported post discharge

Morning (or afternoon)

I filed chap 7 on 2/29 and it was discharged on 6/2.   My my scores as of 7/15 were 606 EX/588EQ/ 580 TU.  I think my report has finally settled down and all of my creditors now show a zero balance and are noted as included in bankruptcy.  I don’t want another credit card if I can avoid it. There are still some medical trying to collect here but most have responded to a curtesy faxing of the discharge notice.

Now I have to hammer on what exactly is reported. It seems that each agency reports differently or how you are viewing the report it looks different. Is is best to just purchase a paper copy of your report directly from the reporting agency ?  When would be the optimal time to do that ?

For example

All of the accounts have the current balance as $0 but the payment status varies

Using Equifax’s credit monitoring service

My Experian reports

Account Status: Closed

Payment Status: Paid

Payment Status Details: Debt included in or discharged through Bankruptcy Chapter 7, 11, or 12

Whereas Equifax show it as

Account Status Closed

Payment Status Late

Payment Status Details INCLUDED IN BANKRUPTCY

If I look at my report using credit Karma for example for that same account

Account Status Closed

Payment Status  Included in Bankruptcy

Most of the accounts still show late payments leading up to my filing regardless of the service I use to view it.  I have already disputed entried with Equifax on the phone and they were saying that the report was not updated properly and didnt reflect the discharge. They deleted the accounts included in the bankruptsy (I have not yet see how that affects my score.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should be reported post discharge

If it wasn't late prior to filing they should have it reported correctly, I would go and dispute the account. It should all be reported as $0, included in Chapter ___. Any lates you had prior to BK will stay as BK won't take off late reportings, but if it was current up till you filed then it should state that.

I would also suggest that you keep in mind that to rebuild your credit you'll need a CC. Credit scoring is made up of percentages of RR, Instalments etc. So you'll need a CC to make your credit card portfolio look better. Not as if you have to use it all the time, but if you have Netflix just charge that to the card then pay it off so it shows as an active trade line and helps you rebuild.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.