Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with car after discharge

tag
jljr
Established Member

What to do with car after discharge

Hello all. I was discharged from chapter 13 last week. Now my issue is this.... Before my filling I had a car loan with Santander and only owed $900. I actually assumed it was included in my filling. I found out it wasn't from my new lawyer because it's totalled and needs to be salvaged. She says I can have Santander pick it up or release the lein without damaging my newly rebuilding credit. I'm not sure if I understand how it won't affect my credit. Help please

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bstone
Frequent Contributor

Re: What to do with car after discharge

Chapter 13 is different than Ch 7, so I don't have much help, but have you tried asking your attorney to explain how it won't affect your credit?

NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 2 of 3
jljr
Established Member

Re: What to do with car after discharge

My attorneys have been a nightmare to deal with for the past 4 years. Not very informative. And communication was horrible
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.