cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to expect when the 10 years are up?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to expect when the 10 years are up?

Thank you for the encouraging words.  I'm looking forward to having that removed.  Although life after BK wasn't so difficult, I was able to get a Credit card and several auto loans, it always felt like they were doing me the favor for lending me.  I didn't have the power to shop for the better deals or best APR.  I want the credit cards and lenders to fight for my business, and I don't want to feel greatful just because they approved me with high interest rates.   My current score ranks somewhere between 650 and 685, depending where you look.  I am hoping to get a boost and jump into the 700s.  Looking forward to July when I get an Alert from myfico saying a major change happened to your credit report! Cause for celebration!

Message 11 of 42
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The BK will be removed at end of next month. I would call the CRAs and ask for the early exclusion as others have suggested if granted its gone now. When mine cleared off TU I got a 66 point bump.

Message 12 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update....

I called all 3 CRA's and got zero result.  No one knew what I was talking about when I asked for an early removal.  The good news I found out was that my BK will be removed in June since that would be considered 10 years since I filed in July 2005.  So I guess June 6 will be the day to watch.  I'm curious what will happen. 

Thank you,

Mike

Message 13 of 42
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Update....

I called all 3 CRA's and got zero result.  No one knew what I was talking about when I asked for an early removal.  The good news I found out was that my BK will be removed in June since that would be considered 10 years since I filed in July 2005.  So I guess June 6 will be the day to watch.  I'm curious what will happen. 

Thank you,

Mike

Hmm, its an early exclusion of the TL. Its different from an early removal. Removal and Exclusion are 2 different things. An exclusion means the item is hidden so it isnt released to anyone requesting a regular credit report. A removal is same as deletion and that means is totally purged from your file. Since its so close here I would wait and see what happens early next month and if deleted grats. If not then call them again asking explicitly for the "Early Exclusion"

Message 14 of 42
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Update....

Thank you,

Mike

Hmm, its an early exclusion of the TL. Its different from an early removal. Removal and Exclusion are 2 different things. An exclusion means the item is hidden so it isnt released to anyone requesting a regular credit report. A removal is same as deletion and that means is totally purged from your file. Since its so close here I would wait and see what happens early next month and if deleted grats. If not then call them again asking explicitly for the "Early Exclusion"

So am I correct in assuming that based on my 4/1/09 Ch 13 filing date I can get a TU EE on 10/1/15 and EQ/EX on 1/1/16 going by the 6 month/3 month that seems to be pretty common?  But they aren't actually removed until 4/1/16?

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 15 of 42
Scupra
Super Contributor

For what it's worth.. When I asked for EE i received result letters stating "this account has been removed etc..."

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 16 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go on the CA's websites. You can dispute each report and use "too old to report" or "request early deletion". They'll remove early. But I suppose at this point, with only 6 days left anyway, it really is no big deal. I would've been requesting early deletion starting in Dec of last year. Congrats !!!! I've got 9 years into this prison term and I can't wait. Wish I could push a "fast forward" button.
Message 17 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scupra - your BK has already been excluded?!?

Message 18 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

..........talk of anti-climax.  I checked my Experian credit report today.  My BK is no longer listed or showing, yay! ......yet, my credit score hasn't moved 1 point.  In fact it went down 3 points because a zero balance CC I have just charged me my annual $39.00 fee and suddenly I have a balance on a "dormant" account.  This isn't the trumpet blowing and dove flying I expected when my BK gets removed.  My score is 669, not a single late in 10 years, no collections.  4 of my 7 CC have 0 balance.  Negatives: 10 inquiries because I've been shopping for a mortgage. The 3 credit cards have 87% utilization, but regularly going down.  I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping to cross the 700 threshold.  

Message 19 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hold out for a few days.  I had a baddie drop off a few days ago and lo and behold my score went down 3 points.  Then out of nowhere it went up 10 points 4 days later.

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.