Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to just sit back and "garden?"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to just sit back and "garden?"

Thanks to this site I think I have done a decent rebuild job. Here is my timeline:

May 2015 - BK7 Discharged

8/1/15 - Approved CreditOne, current CL is $500

8/4/15 - Approved Fingerhut, current CL is $1,300

10/01/15 - Approved Kay Storecard, current CL is $3,000

10/26/15 - Approved Barclaycard, current CL is $1,200

2/9/16 - Approved CapitalOne Platinum, current CL is $3,000

I also have a paid current (never missed) Student loan with a $10,000 balance.

I burned many cards in BK (including CapOne which I'm surprised I got approved)...almost all of my debt pre BK was because my ex loved to spend money we didn't have (close to $30k!!!).

My FICO is mid/upper 600's (FAKO's around 700).

Is it time to sit back for a while and cultivate? Usage on all of the above are below 5% or currently $0.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: When to just sit back and "garden?"

Yeah, that's 5 new accounts in 9 months, I'd garden for a while and work on getting those CLs increased through good usage & pay when you need to to keep your usage under 5%. And I recommend you plan on closing the Credit One before the annual fee hits late July. Cap One will be ready to give you another card by then, Quicksilver is good with 1.5% rewards. And congrats on that Barclaycard, they usually don't approve that soon after BK. Cap One doesn't like to be first when you included them in BK, your history on those other cards got you back in, and once you're back in they're good with credit limit increases & new cards..

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.