Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I be discharged???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will I be discharged???

My deadline for objection was 9/11 I filed my bk on 6/14  and I wanna know how long it will take for my discharge. I need a new car badly. I live in Maryland.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When will I be discharged???

Its usually about four months between filing and discharge. You may be able to get an auto loan now, just verify it with your lawyer.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

two to three months from your 341 meeting. Mine took 3 months from then, discharged on 09/01/17. Attorney then sent the discharge letter in the mail. You can get a car loan before discharge though

Message 3 of 7
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

At lot of it depends on your district that ou filed in, as well.

In my case - they did discharges once a month on (or around) the 15th.  If your last day to object was just before the 15th - you'd be good in a few days.  If your last day to object was, say, the 20th, you'd be waiting almost a month.

So - each may vary and depends on the courts.  I trust you have a PACER account to view real-time the status?

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 341 was 7/11 and it is now 9/14.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been looking on PACER faithfully no new information since 9/08 when I paid my last payment on the filing fee.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I talked my case administrator this morning she says that everything looks good with my case and that she is going to review it and discharge and close the case today. So hopefully I get my discharge today.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.