Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my BK fall off

tag
Settemio
Regular Contributor

Re: When will my BK fall off

Still on TU for me... last one to fall off.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The effect just lessens over time. I filed 10/05 so I'm past the 7 years - no more bad anything on my credit report. I've had nearly perfect credit since the BK filing. Zero lates, I had a mortgage and car loan that I kept through the BK, the mortgage was refi'd right before the BK and have since sold that house and obtained another mortgage. I have a few CC's that I've had since shortly after the BK, highest single limite 6K, combined limits of about 12K.

It really only took about 2 years to get to "decent" credit - right around 700 give or take a few points. But now 5 years later - only up around 720 - despite continuing to maintain a perfect credit history. I would expect it to go up a good bit once the bk falls off since I have a good credit profile...

Message 12 of 15
Settemio
Regular Contributor

The BK fell off the last CA, TU.... today. But my credit score fell 13 points.... How the hell does that happen? same util as last report, not INQ or new credit... When it fell off EQ, my score went UP 40 pts....

Message 13 of 15
Settemio
Regular Contributor

Do you think I was rebucketed on TU? I wasnt on EQ... nothing changed on my report except for BK falling off. Balances were the same, inquiries the same...AAOA the same..

Message 14 of 15
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

The BK won't affect your score as much in 7 years but you will still have a hard time obtaining prime credit until the BK is close to deletion.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.