Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to go from here on my rebuild?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to go from here on my rebuild?

So all the reading i’ve been doing on what to do as my next step gave me itchy trigger finger earlier this week. Originally, I figured I’d app for Credit One per the BK to 700 thread once I saw my discharge (expected in Nov), but I saw some posts discussing starting the rebuild early to get a jump on it and also saw someone who app’d Capital one before discharge and got approved; I figure what the heck. S/N-Before my 341, my lawyer told me that if I needed to, I could app for new credit without any issue with my BK case (very well respected lawyer in ATL), so I felt comfortable with this info.

Fast forward… I first went for the QS1 with the $39 fee. Didn’t have any pre-approvals of course, but since it was for “average” credit, I did that one. Boom…$3,000 approval!

So, with that approval, I started feeling froggy, and I figure, try a second, since apps on the same day use the same HP. This time I app’d the VentureOne Card since there wasn’t an AF. Boom… ANOTHER approval for $3,000! Definitely wasn’t expecting the amounts, but I couldn’t be more thrilled for my rebuild!

I’m expecting my DC to come round the second week in Nov. Based on PACER, Chapt 7 DCs in Atl have been at about 75 days. I have NO intentions on apping anything else until at least Dec. To try and get back with the plan, I’m wondering about 3rd revolver. Do the store cards that have remained active count towards my score or would it benefit me to go with say the Open Sky secured to ensure I have 3rd when those are closed by the issuers? Or is their another recommended card that I go for since I had this luck. Also, I have student loans that will reactivate after DC, that should be good enough for the installment correct? Just needed to get some opinions on where to go from here. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to go from here on my rebuild?

Congrats on your approvals. Next you might want to consider the OpenSky Visa as your 3rd revolver. You won't be able to get anything else from Cap1 for at least 30 days and most of the other non-predatory CC companies will want to see some history after your BK discharge.

Message 2 of 3
bstone
Frequent Contributor

Re: Where to go from here on my rebuild?

OP just received two unsecured cards of $3,000 CL each, why would they open a secured card? I understand the optimal third card, but I'd just wait six to twelve months until they qualify for Barclay's or another card.
NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.