Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit monotoring do you have?

tag
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

Which Credit monotoring do you have?

Since pre-bk i signed up for credit monotoring services am subscribed to EXperian, myFico, TU, and wells fargo, doing the math this will cost in the 500/year im going to drop WF next cycle.I only want to keep 1 product. out of these wich product is the best for the cost? Why and why not? Anyone using one i did not include? I like the experian product out of this group, i beleive its 17.95/mo slated to go up to 19.95 you can refresh your report daily, get alets, mnthly statements, credit graphs credit score stimulator to name a few..
C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which Credit monotoring do you have?

i keep it to Score Watch.  Why?  Cause it's a Fico product, accurate - updates as necessary, gives me exactly what I need and nothing more.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 2 of 9
shols44
Frequent Contributor

I use USAA, all three refreshed daily for 12.95. I also sign up for score watch for three month periods when I'm planning on apping. You have way too many services. I use creditKarma (free), creditsesame (free) and quizzle (free) as well for periodic updates. Cut down to one for creditmonitoring, and monitor your fico score only when you feel an app in near. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 3 of 9
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I used to use USAA.  I was on a promotion for cheaper daily pulls, but my account got messed up when I moved to UK somehow.  USAA took to long to fix my issue, even when trying to explain that the CMS was not working over the phone multiple times, so I ended up switching to EIDT.  EIDT doesn't get set up instantly, but it works the same way.  The reports can be pulled every 24 hours and it is cheap at $12.95 monthly.   One thing I like:  It shows the exact date when each creditor last reported.   One thing I don't like:  For daily pulls, you have to time it so that your request is 24 hours or more later than your last request for an update.  If you try earlier, you don't get all of the reports until the next day.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 9
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

I use USAA.  Even if they are not FICO's they a least give me an idea of my score and alerts on any changes on all three daily.  All for 12.95.  No I don't work for them even if it sounds like I do.  LOL

Message 5 of 9
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

I used to use USAA.  I was on a promotion for cheaper daily pulls, but my account got messed up when I moved to UK somehow.  USAA took to long to fix my issue, even when trying to explain that the CMS was not working over the phone multiple times, so I ended up switching to EIDT.  EIDT doesn't get set up instantly, but it works the same way.  The reports can be pulled every 24 hours and it is cheap at $12.95 monthly.   One thing I like:  It shows the exact date when each creditor last reported.   One thing I don't like:  For daily pulls, you have to time it so that your request is 24 hours or more later than your last request for an update.  If you try earlier, you don't get all of the reports until the next day.

The 24hr thing with EIDT drove me nuts. I'm not currently pulling daily but at a time I was and I would loose it when I accidentally pulled early and had to wait another 24hrs.

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 6 of 9
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@shols44 wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

The 24hr thing with EIDT drove me nuts. I'm not currently pulling daily but at a time I was and I would loose it when I accidentally pulled early and had to wait another 24hrs.

Yeah, I don't like it either.  I wouldn't have switched if my original USAA service was working correctly.  But I avoid the 24 hour issue by making a note of the time I am pulling the reports each day.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 9
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I use both USAA and EIDT/MPM. The scores are fakos, but they are both good for monitoring all 3 reports on a daily basis. I am currently deciding which one to keep. My USAA is $22.95 and EIDT is 12.95, so it will probably be EIDT. Even with the 24 hr. timekeeping issue, I've found I get alerts faster with EIDT, and IMO, YMMV, the layout and information is most like my full CRA reports. USAA's fako scores seem closest to my actual Ficos, whereas on EIDT, TU and EQ are close, but EX can be off 30-60 points from my EX Fico as well as all other fakos. I've heard others say that when you call to cancel the 22.95 USAA, the CSRs offer to reduce the price, and a lot of people prefer USAA.
Message 8 of 9
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

USAA, CreditSesame and Credit Karma (the free versions of the latter 2).

I have ScoreWatch, too, but only because I haven't cancelled it yet.  It's overpriced nonsense, considering none of the lenders use that FICO model anyway.

Interestingly, there are 50+ different FICO variants and hundreds of non-fico credit scores. FairIssacs and the credit bureaus earn $14.7 Billion a year selling us scores that no bank will ever use (and scores that don't matter much anyway if you recon).  You heard me.  Fourteen point Seven BILLION dollars.  

It's the meat of the report that matters.  USAA is perfect for that.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.