cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who did you tell about your bankruptcy?

tag
bunga7
Regular Contributor

Re: Who did you tell about your bankruptcy?

I only told my mother. And the credit union I applied for membership with post-discharge. While it's nothing to be ashamed of, in my opinion it's also nobody else's business. If for any reason you don't want your friends or co-workers to know, don't tell a single one of them, because that kind of info travels faster NASCAR.

Starting Score 12/2013: 547 EQ; 529 EX; 540 TU
Current Score: 3/8/16 711 EQ Fico; 710 EX (CU hard pull); 701 TU Fico
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

The only person I told was my ex-wife (because she caused it just as much as I did) and my fiancee

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 12 of 13
p-
Valued Contributor

courtneyb wrote: My husband and I are likely going to file for bankruptcy because we have no other choice (or so it seems).

Are you sure it's your only choice?  Are you up against the wall on a large debt that is going to become a judgement?

It might be worth talking to one of the free non-profit credit counselors to get a perspective besides the person selling the BK services.  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.