Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are balances still showing after BANKRUPTCY DISCHARGE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are balances still showing after BANKRUPTCY DISCHARGE

Hi, there:

Can anyone tell me why my old credit card balances are still showing as "open" on my credit report, even though my Bankruptcy was formally discharged on February 19th?  How long does it take to reflect zero balances?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
krielly
Established Contributor

Re: Why are balances still showing after BANKRUPTCY DISCHARGE

IIB=Included in bankruptcy. All of your account should state this, and have a "0" balance.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming they are derogatory as they stand, dispute them with the CRAs. (Personally, I like to give them as little information as possible - I would simply list them and state that the accounts are inaccurate as reported and ask that they be corrected.)

In my experience, some will be updated to IIB and others will simply be deleted.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.  I have been correcting my credit reports.  I figured that everything included in the BK would automatically be updated with the CRAs.  I am new to this board, would you kindly fill me in to what the term "IIB" stands for?

Thanks, much!

Message 3 of 4
krielly
Established Contributor

IIB=Included in bankruptcy. All of your account should state this, and have a "0" balance.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.