Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did score drop again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did score drop again?

My score initially dropped when the chap 7 showed up on my reports.  

I disputed everything as IIB on all three bureaus.  Today I get an alert that Experian has updated everything to 0 balance and chap 7 but it also pulled my score down 29 more points.  Is that how this works?   I thought once everything was at a 0 balance scores rebound a little.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Why did score drop again?

Yes, that's how it works. Forget about scores and focus on building a robust credit profile that will in turn produce good scores.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score also dropped when everything was reporting a zero balance, as the process went on I slowly regained those points back. I am set for discharge tomorrow and my scores are higher than when I filed. All of my collection accounts ended up being deleted. Be patient clean up your reports and everything will follow. This website had been a savor.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks  I am working on cleaning everything up.  Experian was the first to change all to 0 balance.  Equifax actually deleted some accounts but still waiting on Transunion to acknowledge my disputes.

Message 5 of 7
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Post discharge, try to get to three to six active tradelines as soon as you can ... then garden and watch your credit profile get stronger every month.

Message 6 of 7
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

Post discharge, try to get to three to six active tradelines as soon as you can ... then garden and watch your credit profile get stronger every month.

Yes.  Get some active TL's and garden... garden is the keyword here folks...

I always get a giggle reading about people that are worried about scores when they are 2 days out of discharge.

Rebuilding credit doesn't work that way.  It's a marathon... not a race.  

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.