cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will NFCU...

tag
JourneyAhead

Will NFCU...

Will NFCU cancel a $0 balance card if I file ch7 bk?

Anyone have any knowledge or first hand experience?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Will NFCU...

All credit cards will need to be included when filing a chapter 7. so yes it will be closed.  Exclusion would be a auto loan and mortgage if you go that route.

Message 2 of 4
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

keep in mind that you'll have the opportunity to reopen an account with them given you've paid the balance of your account in full. Only thing you'll loose is the age of the account.
Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 3 of 4
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

All credit cards will need to be included when filing a chapter 7. so yes it will be closed.  Exclusion would be a auto loan and mortgage if you go that route.

All debt (including auto loans and mortgages) MUST be included in a chapter 7.  Some attorneys will leave off cards that have zero balances, but most won't.  In most cases, the BK schedules are auto-populated based on your credit reports.  Attorneys then correct the bad info before submitting and add info that isn't on your reports.

It will be up to Navy whether or not they close it once they're notified of the BK. If you have a zero-balance, you might be able to get it re-opened immediately after discharge.  It's up to them.  Regardless, don't use it from the date of filing through the date of discharge or you can get in serious trouble from the Trustee.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.