Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will USAA cancel us????

tag
panthersguy
New Contributor

Will USAA cancel us????

Hey guys, was wondering what's gonna happen with our auto insurance presently at USAA.  We are in the early stages of filing BK7.  Early meaning we have stopped the unnecessary payments and are paying only the house, cars and day to day living expenses.  Probably going on month 2 of this. 

Will USAA cancel our auto ins (think there's 2 months left before renewal) or just non-renew us?? 

Should we go ahead and get insurance somewhere else and pre-empt anything they might do or just wait ti lthey (most likely) non-renew us??

Thanks for any thoughts!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will USAA cancel us????

Hey Panthersguy,

We have USAA (included USAA credit card) in Chapter 13 back in 2012.  We still have Homeowners, Auto and Life Insurance through USAA.  We have to use MobileBanking to login in to paybills. I would wait to see what they stated after notification. 

Hope this helps.

RainyCity

Message 2 of 6
panthersguy
New Contributor

Thanks rainy....yeah I think we'll just wait and see what happens.....hopefully they'll let us keep the auto insurance with them.  Now that I think about it, our homeowners is through them too....

Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I IIB USAA in BK7 in 2013, and still have my car insurance with them, and added a renters policy to that. I was worried too, but the insurance and credit department are completely separate. You will be blacklisted from any credit from them for 7 years after discharge date with them though. Found this out last month. Make sure you keep paying the insurance.
Message 4 of 6
panthersguy
New Contributor

Thanks pizza, that's what I was hoping was the case.  We pay our premiums so that wouldn't be an issue.  The homeowners is paid from our escrow account.  We're probabky gonna include about $18K in BK7...I hate it, but right now it's what we have to do...

Message 5 of 6
soldierpr

They will NOT cancel you. Same happen to me when I filed but the credit card department is different from the insurance and they don't cross check each other. Just like the other poster said, you will have to pay in mobile banking becuase your user will be block from the regular website.

Starting Score: 492-TU, 480-EX FICO , 495-EQ (06/12)

Current Score: 685-TU, 625-EX FICO , 675-EQ (02/15)

Goal Score: 700
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.