cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will they always say "included in bankruptcy"?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will they always say "included in bankruptcy"?

I filed and was dischared from my bankruptcy in June of 2005.  All of the accounts show included in bankruptcy, which I guess is good.  But my question is, can those be removed from my credit and have my report only say that I have a bankruptcy and not everything included in it?  When I look at my credit report there is a long line of "included in bankruptcy", anyway to get rid of them?  I know the bankruptcy will show for 10 years but everytime I look at my report all of the "included" items are staring back at me.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Will they always say "included in bankruptcy"?

they will disappear 7 years or so from your filing date.  At least they are reporting correctly.  Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

They should say IIB for 10 years.  Ch. 7 Discharged stays for 10 years.
takin' it one day at a time
Message 3 of 6
granny031350
Established Contributor

The Bankruptcy filing in the public record stays on for 10 years, but the accounts that were included in the BK are only on the report for 7
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all so much!  i really appreciate it
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

J, I am not sure if you have ever been informed of this information but here you go  AFTER 10 years YOU do not see a BANK RUPT on your credit report BUT  when you buy a HOME ,AUTO ect... The lenders & dealerships see a differant credit report than you have. They see a history of EVERYTHING you have ever done in your life rather discharged or not from your reporting agencys. It is said they cannot use the information against YOU but alot of customers are turned away because of the information on a differant excuse.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.