Did you mean: 

Working my Rebuild!

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Working my Rebuild!

@Anonymous wrote:

Update time!

Tonight I pushed the often-celebrated "luv button" on Cap one - after having reduced the balance to $10 and let it sit there a couple of days

THEY RAISED IT TO $7000!!

Smiley Very Happy

For those of you paying attention, that's a 125% increase from the SL, 77 days after account opening

Next step:  After this statement cuts and is paid I'm going to call and see about upgrading it to QS

I'm a very happy camper right this minute Smiley Happy

Congrats on the awesome limit!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 11 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jkjklkjkl wrote:
If your wife has not actually applied for a Cap One card, I wouldn't assume she's blacklisted. I burned them and I was approved for a card, before I was even discharged, for $500 and no credit steps.

Yeah, but while there may be an outside chance, it's a FAIRLY safe bet...she comes up empty on the Prequal, and Cap One is definitely one of the shiny new IIB accounts on her CRA's - there are plenty of other options, I'm going to hold on Cap one for her until next April at a minimum

Message 12 of 119
jkjklkjkl
Contributor

I had no prequalified offers, and still don't. And, if she's blacklisted, it won't be a hard pull. Most people who've been approved by Cap One after bankruptcy don't get any prequalified offers.
Message 13 of 119
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jkjklkjkl wrote:
If your wife has not actually applied for a Cap One card, I wouldn't assume she's blacklisted. I burned them and I was approved for a card, before I was even discharged, for $500 and no credit steps.

Yeah, but while there may be an outside chance, it's a FAIRLY safe bet...she comes up empty on the Prequal, and Cap One is definitely one of the shiny new IIB accounts on her CRA's - there are plenty of other options, I'm going to hold on Cap one for her until next April at a minimum

A pre-qual is not needed to qualify for a Capital One card. Plenty of people have burned Cap1 and then are able to get right back in. Like stated above, if she is blacklisted they won't pull her credit.

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 14 of 119
Scupra
Super Contributor

@jkjklkjkl wrote:

I would be shocked if you weren't enrolled in credit steps Smiley Happy

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 15 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@jkjklkjkl wrote:

I would be shocked if you weren't enrolled in credit steps Smiley Happy

I am enrolled in credit steps - I'll post another update once the card hits that 5th statement Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update!

Funniest thing happened last week - I realized the monitoring product I was using from EQ sucked so I cancelled it - went with CCT instead, so now I have real FICO's for y'all's viewing pleasure:

ME - 7/15/2016

EQ - 673

EX - 667

TU - 660

SHE - 7/15/2016

EQ - 674

EX - 649

TU - 631

not sure why her EX and TU are lagging, but if I had to guess I'd say that's where Fingerhut reported her (legitimately) 30 days late right before we filed, and Fingerhut was all hers  Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another update! (I'm just rotten with updates recently, aren't I?)

I was on Cap One reviewing transactions, when I saw the large, green, shiny, candy-like "Chat Now" button...I know I had planned to wait until my next statement...but it was so shiny...and large...and green...and candy-like...I tried to resist...really, I did...but my mouse seemed to slowly travel over the screen of it's own accord and before I realized...I had pressed it!

Fortunately I was then connected to a very nice customer service rep who was sympathetic to my plight, and was able to help...

My non-shiny no-AF Platinum card is now a shiny-new no-AF Quicksilver card!!

(I also asked for an APR reduction, but that was a no-go)

Cash back here I come!  Whee!!

Message 18 of 119
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Another update! (I'm just rotten with updates recently, aren't I?)

I was on Cap One reviewing transactions, when I saw the large, green, shiny, candy-like "Chat Now" button...I know I had planned to wait until my next statement...but it was so shiny...and large...and green...and candy-like...I tried to resist...really, I did...but my mouse seemed to slowly travel over the screen of it's own accord and before I realized...I had pressed it!

Fortunately I was then connected to a very nice customer service rep who was sympathetic to my plight, and was able to help...

My non-shiny no-AF Platinum card is now a shiny-new no-AF Quicksilver card!!

(I also asked for an APR reduction, but that was a no-go)

Cash back here I come!  Whee!!

Great job!!! Glad they got it converted for you

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 19 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

With those scores, I think both you and your wife should apply for NFCU cash rewards card. They are bk friendly and will grow with you.

Barclay is going to want to see 6-12 months of payment history. I have no idea on Alliant and their unsecured products.
Message 20 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.