Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working my Rebuild!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Working my Rebuild!

Came out of the Garden tonight - was trying to wait until November, but I realized I wasn't 100% comfortable operating with a single credit line and no safety net - figured now was good as I just got that nice increase from Cap One and my balance is reporting very low

So it's off to NFCU Cash Rewards - app is in and on 24 hour review...I'll check in next week and let y'all know how it went!

Message 31 of 119
Scupra
Super Contributor

Good luck!!
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 32 of 119
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Came out of the Garden tonight - was trying to wait until November, but I realized I wasn't 100% comfortable operating with a single credit line and no safety net - figured now was good as I just got that nice increase from Cap One and my balance is reporting very low

So it's off to NFCU Cash Rewards - app is in and on 24 hour review...I'll check in next week and let y'all know how it went!

TygerHawke,

Did you get approved?

Guyatthebeach

Message 33 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the full timeline for my impulsive NFCU app:

Saturday - submitted app - received in review message advising 1 business day for decision

Monday - still in review - sent a secure message proactively explaining my situation and advising I would accept any CL to get my foot in the door

Tuesday - Received secure message asking me what my rent/mtg payment is, and to provide POI (provided immediately by secure message)

Wednesday - approved!, $500 SL Smiley Very Happy

Message 34 of 119
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is the full timeline for my impulsive NFCU app:

Saturday - submitted app - received in review message advising 1 business day for decision

Monday - still in review - sent a secure message proactively explaining my situation and advising I would accept any CL to get my foot in the door

Tuesday - Received secure message asking me what my rent/mtg payment is, and to provide POI (provided immediately by secure message)

Wednesday - approved!, $500 SL Smiley Very Happy

Huge congrats to you! Awesome job getting a foot in the door. The limit will grow in no time Smiley Happy

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 35 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@=Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

good to know....I burned Cap 1 also, didnt know there was a 1 year blacklist

This is not always correct. The good thing is that Cap1 will not pull your credit if you are on the BL. Is always a good starting point 

Have we figured out why they will approve some and not others till a year post BK?

Message 36 of 119
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@=Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is not always correct. The good thing is that Cap1 will not pull your credit if you are on the BL. Is always a good starting point 

Have we figured out why they will approve some and not others till a year post BK?

Your guess is as good as mine Smiley Happy

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 37 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@=Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your guess is as good as mine Smiley Happy

My guess, is that their internal write-off date is sometimes diffferent than what they're reporting to the CRA's, but it's still 1 year from whichever date you offended them

Message 38 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello friends!

I've been peacefully gardening since I picked up my NFCU card, so there's been nothing to update - that changed this weekend Smiley Happy

I knoiw we're all seen them - offers from Merrick bank offerring to 'Double your Line' while paying all manner of exorbitant fees and interest.  DW kept getting these offers, over and over, however I noticed a pattern...each offer we ignored would be followed by a new offer with slightly better terms...finally after 5 of the things through the shredder we got one worth looking at - $1250 SL, no fees of any kind, and and it doubles to $2500 in 7 months.  Since it's the right time in her plan for a 2nd card, we decided to go for it!

So now our credit situation looks like this:

ME

-------

$7000 CL QS from Cap One

$500 CL cashRewards from NFCU

Over $75,000 in student loans

SHE

--------

$600 CL Platinum card from Credit One

$1250 CL from Merrick

Share Secured loan from Alliant

BOTH

----------

Hyundai finance lease - about $3k remaining

At this point likely no new apps until spring (we hit 1yr post BK end of April) - though I am probably going to risk a HP to get a CLI on the NFCU card before then, I haven't decided exactly when to do it - thoughts on that would be welcome

(Edited for grammar and clarity)

Message 39 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update time!

Credit steps kicked in on my November Capital One statement, bringing my credit line from $7,000 to $7,500 Smiley Happy

Quick question for anyone in the know:  I know that Cap one won't approve a CLI until 6 months has passed from your last one - my curiosity is whether the credit steps increase will start the clock for that, or the increase I manually requested in July?

Message 40 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.