Did you mean: 

Working my Rebuild!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Working my Rebuild!

Time for another update!  

I have 2 events to cover in this week's edition

1. I pulled the trigger on the account combination - so now my oldest card is my NFCU cashRewards, and I have a mammoth Quicksilver at $17,500 - woohoo!

2. Realizing that I need 3 cards for optimal scoring, that I do a LOT of shopping on Amazon as of late, that Synchrony and I are still friends, and that I could easily handle a TU inquiry, I rolled the dice on an Amazon store card - success!  $1,200 SL!  I did try calling Sync credit solutions to see if they would bump it up, but no go

Message 51 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Time for another update!  

1. I pulled the trigger on the account combination - so now my oldest card is my NFCU cashRewards, and I have a mammoth Quicksilver at $17,500 - woohoo!

2. Realizing that I need 3 cards for optimal scoring, that I do a LOT of shopping on Amazon as of late, that Synchrony and I are still friends, and that I could easily handle a TU inquiry, I rolled the dice on an Amazon store card - success!  $1,200 SL!  I did try calling Sync credit solutions to see if they would bump it up, but no go

I suppose it's TECHNICALLY not the same week, but there is one more tiny little update as of today - I pushed the CLI button on my NFCU cashRewards after this month's AR:

$500 to $22,000!!!

So yeah - Happy New Year to me  Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 119
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Time for another update!  

I suppose it's TECHNICALLY not the same week, but there is one more tiny little update as of today - I pushed the CLI button on my NFCU cashRewards after this month's AR:

$500 to $22,000!!!

So yeah - Happy New Year to me  Smiley Happy

Wow that's awesome and congrats!!! Was this a soft pull cli? You had this card since August, right?

BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 53 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATINOS! Pardon my Fench, but HOLY S**T! Please do share how you used the NFCU card the last 6 months, because my ears are so perked up! I just got approved with them last month for 1K and I'm in similar position being 1 year post BK. Did you make multiple payments every month, how much were you running through it each month? I've been using my cards hard. Paying everything I can with them and then paying the balance every month. You have definitely inspired to be grateful and work with NFCU really hard. WOW! You must be on cloud 9, congrats!

Message 54 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATULATINOS! Pardon my Fench, but HOLY S**T! Please do share how you used the NFCU card the last 6 months, because my ears are so perked up! I just got approved with them last month for 1K and I'm in similar position being 1 year post BK. Did you make multiple payments every month, how much were you running through it each month? I've been using my cards hard. Paying everything I can with them and then paying the balance every month. You have definitely inspired to be grateful and work with NFCU really hard. WOW! You must be on cloud 9, congrats!

I put some usage on it the first couple of months - one month it even reported at 57% - but at the end of november I paid it to zero, and it has occupied space in my sock drawer until today (technically it's still in there, but I think I might pull it out after this, hehe) Smiley Tongue

Message 55 of 119
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Wow!! This is some amazing progress!! I can only hope NFCU gives me a shot at rebuilding. I submitted my membership application almost a week ago. When I called in to conform receipt they asked for a copy of the invoice ($25 e-memebership donation). Emailed that over on Monday, so I'm just waiting.

Should I call today for the status? I'm getting anxoius but don't want to annoy them either....

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 56 of 119
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I would wait about a week before calling. You know it will be a good sign when you see them pull your TU report for membership.

Hang in there. You're almost there.
Message 57 of 119
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 58 of 119
empressj
Frequent Contributor

*update*
Approved:
Membership accepted!! Got my info and all setup. I signed up for the fico ultimate 3b and saw scores. My heart dropped so I'm not sure if it's worth applying for cc right now.
Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 59 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@empressj wrote:
*update*
Approved:
Membership accepted!! Got my info and all setup. I signed up for the fico ultimate 3b and saw scores. My heart dropped so I'm not sure if it's worth applying for cc right now.

Reading a post like this is like watching the cliffhanger season finale of your favorite TV series, then going online to find they're not sure if it's going to ge renewed...

~*POST YOUR SCORES*~

That way we can answer your question one way or the other, and guide you to success! Smiley Happy

Message 60 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.