@empressj wrote:
Hi,

My scores are:
Eq 533
TU 535
538 Ex

Thank you!

Empress,

Given your current scores, I would apply for a NFCU secured Visa. The reason is I don't think you will get approved for any unsecured card this class s after your discharge. A positive thing is that secured NFCU Visa will graduate to the unsecured card over time.  Anything I would do is get a secured loan as well. Both of these are in 700 in 24 plan and will help get that score up real quick!

Just give yourself time and you will see things get better!

Message 62 of 119
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Re: Working my Rebuild!

Will do.Thanks! Smiley Happy

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 63 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

TH,

Thanks for Sharing your journey! It is uplifting to see ones progress and gives a LOT of hope on us builders/re-builders!!!
Message 64 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed started you out that high? That is pretty sweet!

Message 65 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

PenFed started you out that high? That is pretty sweet!

Agreed...They are officially my favorite! Smiley Happy

I owe it all to the members here that sent me in that direction with their shares!!! Truly grateful...it put some wind in my sails to keep learning!

Message 66 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update time!

Got some extra $$$ in from some overtime I worked over the holidays and wanted to do something useful with it - so I decided to put $500 into my DW's Navy savings account and opened up a secured card for her.  They didn't like her well enough to approve unsecured last month, so this will have to do.  Now I just wait for it to report and she can say bye-bye Credit One  Smiley Happy

Message 67 of 119
babyboo123

i filed ch. 7  and immediatly after discharge i started with mail ins i was gettiing from high interest rate com. today i am blessed to tell u that taking what is given to you is what should run with.

Message 68 of 119
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Hello, I am a rebuilder myself and joined Navy in January with the Cash rewards card, did you try for a CLI after the third statement before you got the increase later?My first one will not cut until 2/17, so I will not try until after May2017 when three statements will have cut. I am paying my card off on thursday. 22K is a nice comeup from 500 SL. 

Message 69 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Blackswizz750 wrote:

Hello, I am a rebuilder myself and joined Navy in January with the Cash rewards card, did you try for a CLI after the third statement before you got the increase later?My first one will not cut until 2/17, so I will not try until after May2017 when three statements will have cut. I am paying my card off on thursday. 22K is a nice comeup from 500 SL. 

It definitely is - Based on my own experience and everything I've absorbed from these forums, I offer the following advice for all new Navy cardholders:

Wait until the first AR *after* your first 90 days before going for that increase.  AR occurs at the beginning of each of the following months - Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov

Blackswizz, In your case, I would actually wait until July since your 3rd statement will cut after the May AR.

Message 70 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.