Did you mean: 

Working my Rebuild!

tag
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Re: Working my Rebuild!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Blackswizz750 wrote:

Hello, I am a rebuilder myself and joined Navy in January with the Cash rewards card, did you try for a CLI after the third statement before you got the increase later?My first one will not cut until 2/17, so I will not try until after May2017 when three statements will have cut. I am paying my card off on thursday. 22K is a nice comeup from 500 SL. 

It definitely is - Based on my own experience and everything I've absorbed from these forums, I offer the following advice for all new Navy cardholders:

Wait until the first AR *after* your first 90 days before going for that increase.  AR occurs at the beginning of each of the following months - Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov

Blackswizz, In your case, I would actually wait until July since your 3rd statement will cut after the May AR.

Thanks TygerHawke for that advise. I have to put this on a calendar becuase I have several cards now. No rush on asking for CLI. I figure thewait will be good for me. I use cash more than credit and I need to start to put aside the cash and work on my rewards(plus the cards are more secure).

Message 71 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update! (sort of)

To those of you logging in expecting to see the results of a PenFed app based on my comments in another thread, I must apologize.  Cooler heads have prevailed and I have chosen to delay that app until May when my BK will be officially 1-yr post-DC.

Message 72 of 119
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update! (sort of)

To those of you logging in expecting to see the results of a PenFed app based on my comments in another thread, I must apologize.  Cooler heads have prevailed and I have chosen to delay that app until May when my BK will be officially 1-yr post-DC.

Sounds like a great plan! The time passed can only help your odds

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 73 of 119
Bill2265
Valued Member

Normal for Captial one but is it good or bad news? Lol

Message 74 of 119
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Bill2265 wrote:
Normal for Captial one but is it good or bad news? Lol

Very rarely do I see a Cap1 recon work out well. Cap1 does not have a "good" recon process unfortunately. Recently there was a couple declines overturned though, I will cross my fingers for you!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 75 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Added Credit Score History!

I've added to the original post (and plan to maintain) a history of my scores since I started tracking my FICO in July 2016.  The score history is sporadic up until the middle of December when I learned how to pull them weekly at minimal cost Smiley Happy

Enjoy!

Message 76 of 119
Bill2265
Valued Member

Just to update I'm still waiting on that Cap 1 decision after recon. They said it could take up to 3 weeks. I call them everyday to check and get the same message of we're still reviewing your app.

Message 77 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello friends! - MAJOR update time!

I'm going to buy a new car!!

I have just been pre-approved for an NFCU Auto loan for a new car with the following terms:

Loan Amount:   $23,500

Rate:                3.89%

Term:                84 months (I know it's long, but I plan to save my pennies and maybe refinance down the road)

Payment:          $320.03

Now I just have to find a new car I can get for $25,000 out the door  (I'm willing to put $1500 down) - I have my eye on a 2017 Subaru Impreza...I'll check back when I terst-drive it later this week.

In other news, I turned around and immediately applied for a $15k CLOC - I got the 1 hour review message, so I'm expecting another update very soon...

Message 78 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

...And I got it!

CLOC: Approved $15,000

APR: 15.9%

Today is a good day Smiley Very Happy

Message 79 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations TH! A 15K credit line is solid! Your scores must be climbing pretty good. Good luck on the new car, 25k doesn't sound like a lot, but it gives you some really good options. I'm a couple of days away from giving your Cap 1 theory a go, my 3rd statement cuts tomorrow.
Message 80 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.