Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working my Rebuild!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Working my Rebuild!

Another data point - I just confirmed that as expected both the auto loan and the CLOC used the same credit pull - I call that excellent mileage for a HP Smiley Very Happy

Message 81 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Another data point - I just confirmed that as expected both the auto loan and the CLOC used the same credit pull - I call that excellent mileage for a HP Smiley Very Happy

Good stuff!

Which bureau? I've heard they can bounce around. They pulled TU for my membership but I'd much prefer EQ when I app for a credit card next week.  LOL.

Message 82 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good stuff!

Which bureau? I've heard they can bounce around. They pulled TU for my membership but I'd much prefer EQ when I app for a credit card next week.  LOL.

The consumer loan department (which handles the auto loan and CLOC) uses EQ 100% of the time.  It's the CC dept that can vary between TU and EQ (or even EX if you freeze TU and EQ [not recommended - they're just as likely to simply ask you to unfreeze the report they want]).  Sadly, my recent data point will not help you with your CC aspirations (although they did pull EQ for my CC last August, for what it's worth).

And let's be clear - it is ONLY with the consumer loan dept that one can expect to combine a HP - in my case the specific combination of Auto loan and CLOC.

Message 83 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good stuff!

The consumer loan department (which handles the auto loan and CLOC) uses EQ 100% of the time.  It's the CC dept that can vary between TU and EQ (or even EX if you freeze TU and EQ [not recommended - they're just as likely to simply ask you to unfreeze the report they want]).  Sadly, my recent data point will not help you with your CC aspirations (although they did pull EQ for my CC last August, for what it's worth).

And let's be clear - it is ONLY with the consumer loan dept that one can expect to combine a HP - in my case the specific combination of Auto loan and CLOC.

Thanks and good to know.  I had wondered about the combined HP because I didn't think they ever did that.

I plan on applying for CLOC and a CC, so can at least take advantage of my higher EQ score on CLOC and will just hope I get lucky on the CC.

Message 84 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since the auto loan voucher is in my pocket, I figured "What the heck?  let's roll the dice and get PenFed rolling - Score!

$5000 on the new Power Cash Rewards - my first 2% card! Smiley Very Happy

Now to park $500 in the PenFed checking account to keep it fee-free and gradually shift my non-amazon spending over...This rebuild is looking marvelous!

Message 85 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the new card bud! My goal is to get a PenFed card in June when I go on a spree if I can stay disciplined. FYI on the checking acct, I've been able to get 3 of my fees waived just by calling and inquiring about it. Just say you're setting up direct deposit with work and boom. Looks like you're making the right moves, keep it going!
Message 86 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

In other news, we called today to cancel DW's Credit One card - They advsd the account isn't set to start the next year's AF until June, and "they will evaluate at that time whether to charge an AF", and they offered a $21 statement credit not to cancel...So we kept it open for now, with a -$21 balance. Smiley Tongue

Reminder set on my calendar for the first week of May to revisit cancelling the sucker

Message 87 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

So my new car shopping did not go as successfully as I had hoped.  I'm a bit above-average sized, and it turns out that in order to buy a vehicle that fits I would have to pay about $10,000 more than my budget allows.  Fortunately my current vehicle fits just fine so I called Navy to see if we could convert my new car loan into a used car loan...

They said yes, and apparently used the same pull!

Loan Amount:   $15,937.32

Rate:                3.79%

Term:                60 months

Payment:          $292.63

I EVEN GOT BETTER TERMS!!!

Navy has made me a customer for life - the service on every call was A+, and even when I threw them this curve ball, they aced it!

Message 88 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations TygerHawke! I'm glad Navy Fed continues to excel in their customer service (I'm a new member) and you were able to work out a deal that works well for you. Win for everyone!
Message 89 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprise Update!

I got a little surprise when I logged into My Amazon Store Card account today - they doubled my credit limit to $2,400 on an Auto CLI!

Thank you Synchrony! Smiley Very Happy

Message 90 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.