empressj wrote:
Hi,

My scores are:
Eq 533
TU 535
538 Ex

Thank you!

Empress,

Given your current scores, I would apply for a NFCU secured Visa. The reason is I don't think you will get approved for any unsecured card this class s after your discharge. A positive thing is that secured NFCU Visa will graduate to the unsecured card over time.  Anything I would do is get a secured loan as well. Both of these are in 700 in 24 plan and will help get that score up real quick!

Just give yourself time and you will see things get better!

Regular Contributor

Re: Working my Rebuild!

Will do.Thanks! Smiley Happy

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Valued Member

TH,

Thanks for Sharing your journey! It is uplifting to see ones progress and gives a LOT of hope on us builders/re-builders!!!
Spire CU Visa $500 - 1/13/17 (thought this was my fate with a thin file) - Discover IT - DENIED - 1/13/17 (Humbled some more) - PFCU - Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $18K - 1/20/17 (Hope Returns, Starting the Journey)
3/14/17: EQ733 TU 743 EX 735 - 1/11/17: FICO 08 EQ 718 - TU Not Scoring - EX Not Scoring
Started 8/10/16: EQ FICO 08 639 - TU Not Scoring - EX Not Scoring
Contributor

PenFed started you out that high? That is pretty sweet!

Filed CH7 BK 7/15. discharged 10/15
Rebuild started 1/16 with scores of (EQ 517)(TU 547) (EXP 534)
Current scores (EQ 624) (TU 607) (EXP 774)
Overstock 500/700 I Open Sky 200/closed I Pay Pal MC 500 I Fingerhut 700/1400 I Primor 250/closed I One Nevada CU 500/closed I Target 500 I HC Credit 6000 I NFCU 1000 I Capital One Quicksilver 1000
Authorized User on I Cap One 700 I Barclay Visa 500 I Discover 17,200
Valued Member

stakknchpz wrote:

PenFed started you out that high? That is pretty sweet!

Agreed...They are officially my favorite! Smiley Happy

I owe it all to the members here that sent me in that direction with their shares!!! Truly grateful...it put some wind in my sails to keep learning!

Spire CU Visa $500 - 1/13/17 (thought this was my fate with a thin file) - Discover IT - DENIED - 1/13/17 (Humbled some more) - PFCU - Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $18K - 1/20/17 (Hope Returns, Starting the Journey)
3/14/17: EQ733 TU 743 EX 735 - 1/11/17: FICO 08 EQ 718 - TU Not Scoring - EX Not Scoring
Started 8/10/16: EQ FICO 08 639 - TU Not Scoring - EX Not Scoring
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update time!

Got some extra $$$ in from some overtime I worked over the holidays and wanted to do something useful with it - so I decided to put $500 into my DW's Navy savings account and opened up a secured card for her.  They didn't like her well enough to approve unsecured last month, so this will have to do.  Now I just wait for it to report and she can say bye-bye Credit One  Smiley Happy

BK7 Discharged 4/27/2016 - Fico 8 as of 05/18/2017: EX 655 / TU 660 / EQ 676 - Follow my Journey Here

i filed ch. 7  and immediatly after discharge i started with mail ins i was gettiing from high interest rate com. today i am blessed to tell u that taking what is given to you is what should run with.

Established Contributor

Hello, I am a rebuilder myself and joined Navy in January with the Cash rewards card, did you try for a CLI after the third statement before you got the increase later?My first one will not cut until 2/17, so I will not try until after May2017 when three statements will have cut. I am paying my card off on thursday. 22K is a nice comeup from 500 SL. 

Established Contributor

Blackswizz750 wrote:

Hello, I am a rebuilder myself and joined Navy in January with the Cash rewards card, did you try for a CLI after the third statement before you got the increase later?My first one will not cut until 2/17, so I will not try until after May2017 when three statements will have cut. I am paying my card off on thursday. 22K is a nice comeup from 500 SL. 

It definitely is - Based on my own experience and everything I've absorbed from these forums, I offer the following advice for all new Navy cardholders:

Wait until the first AR *after* your first 90 days before going for that increase.  AR occurs at the beginning of each of the following months - Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov

Blackswizz, In your case, I would actually wait until July since your 3rd statement will cut after the May AR.

BK7 Discharged 4/27/2016 - Fico 8 as of 05/18/2017: EX 655 / TU 660 / EQ 676 - Follow my Journey Here

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.